Aruba Beach
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By micheleshari
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By ArubaAce

Thread: private taxi/driver that we hired for the day

Thumbs up private taxi/driver that we hired for the day

We came in to port on an HAL cruise for the day. We didn't want any of the high priced BS tours so we approached some taxis to hire for a few hours. We wanted to meander and see a few of the highlites. One guy we approached only wanted to do his own tour and not listen to us so we walked away. My husband approached this nice looking clean cut young man (turns out he is 27) and explained what we wanted. We were 2 couples and he was so sweet and accommodating that we gave him an extra $50. He is a licensed taxi. He took us all over, explained things to us, told us about the local economy and island and answered all our questions. I wanted to find a particular arts and crafts store by a hotel north of the port and he jumped thru hoops to find it (even with the gps and my phone app it didn't come up). He turned around several times and found it and never complained once and said he was happy to do it!!! in the end I forgot my brand new gopro6 on the floor of his super clean new van and he emailed me to tell me and went to fedex to mail it back to us. We told him his mom and dad raised a fine young man and to tell them thanks. DEFINITELY use his services when you go to Aruba-he was better than any tour and cheaper. lovely clean air conditioned van. One person in the car wanted to see the exclusive gold course which is in a gated community and he got us in. whatever we wanted to do and wherever we wanted to go he happily obliged us with a smile on his face and he is an extremely safe driver. His name is Shinton Arends and his email is 100.arends@gmail.com and he responds very quickly. Give him your business and you will be as happy as we were. He insisted on taking a selfie with us as he said he so enjoyed the day and sent it to us. I promised I would post this for him. Wish I could upload the pic. If you contact him tell him Michele and Michael sent you! He is a hard worker and I would love to see him do well.

Hi Michele! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum.

Sounds like a great tour and a lovely person! Thanks for the review!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum micheleshari

i saw and responded to your review on TA and isnt it wonderful how folks can really "make or break" an impression!

if you want to email me the photo, i will post.
    i will pm you my email address

Nice...

Welcome to the forum. What a nice post regarding your experience with a driver. It is always great to hear good reports.