Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Private tour

Private tour

As we get prepared for our 15th year going to Aruba in March we were wondering what we should do different this year. One thing on our bucket list is a private tour, we have taken a private tour with Cerry and it was great. This year we would like an off road tour possibly starting at the lighthouse and up along that side of the island. We haven't been to the caves yet or experienced real off road adventure. We would like it to be in a Jeep type vehicle and make stops along the way for pictures. Any recommendations?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/search.php?searchid=653748

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f10/recommendations-best-experience-natural-pool-excursion-62172/

http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/la...vities?tid=279

check out these tagged threads

lots of people rave about Madi Magical tours and Kini Kini and Arias/sunrise
    i would guess that they would offer private tour, although may be considerably more expensive than a regular tour.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-11-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sunrise Tours

Kini Kini Tours is a great mom and pop operation. They will work with you in tailoring stops on a private tour so you can go where you want to go, not where someone else thinks you should go.

thanks everyone for the info! now to check everyone out.

We are booked with Madi Magical Tours in November and I am really looking forward to it. We filled out the form on her website and heard back within a couple days to confirm. I had another question and communication by email with her daughter was great. Her prices are very reasonable too. I will definitely write a review when we get back.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We are booked with Madi Magical Tours in November and I am really looking forward to it. We filled out the form on her website and heard back within a couple days to confirm. I had another question and communication by email with her daughter was great. Her prices are very reasonable too. I will definitely write a review when we get back.
    FYI...Just saw this and immediately thought of you. It seems they couldn't confirm the tour they had booked in advance?

"We were scheduled to go on a tour with Magical Madi. Granted, she warned us she was hard to get ahold of but 2 emails and 2 phone calls went unanswered for us to confirm our reservation and we never got to take the tour."

Aruba since 1979
    it's a good thing that tracey and her husband got the confirmation already prior to the trip!
    per the link that you posted it says they were scheduled to go on a Madi trip. i wonder if they booked far enough out?

if i were booking with madi tours, i would definately make the plan before the trip and get a confirmation.

i hate to see people disappointed.

her trips get rave reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    FYI...Just saw this and immediately thought of you. It seems they couldn't confirm the tour they had booked in advance?

"We were scheduled to go on a tour with Magical Madi. Granted, she warned us she was hard to get ahold of but 2 emails and 2 phone calls went unanswered for us to confirm our reservation and we never got to take the tour."

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post

Thanks for thinking of us Lisa. I had some concerns before we booked but it seems they are working to improve their scheduling and communication. Our outlook is that we booked it and are looking forward to it, but if something goes wrong and it doesn't work out we will be okay without it, nothing lost on our end since we are not being asked to pay up front. Our first-timer friends will book a jeep tour with ABC as their back up plan.

Side note: Their website makes it seem like you are booked when you fill out the form. I could see where someone would think they were booked. I had concerns when I entered my date and it says you're booked when it is obvious that it is an automated response and no calendar could have been checked. My advice for anyone booking is to put in your first choice date, but don't assume you are booked until you get an email from Madi's daughter.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 09-14-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: added side note
    Not sure when, but we will be back