Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Public Bus

Public Bus

Could somebody give me some more up to date info/experiences with the bus system? I havent been to aruba in six years.... and we always rented a car. I am staying at LaCabana..... most of the restaurants I want to go to are in the high rise area. I would assume that would be easy right? And if I wanted to go into the center of town for shopping.... would i be better off cabbing it?

Any suggestions info would be very much appreciated. Thank you all.... i have already learned a tremendous amount by reading posts across all forums.

Aruba since 1979
    cab vs bus is a personal preference

bus from lacabana is EASY
    the stop is next door in front of amsterdam manor
    take the bus marked HI RISE area

or the bus to O'Staad is across the street near amsterdam manor's beach bar

the busses are direct and inexepensive www.arubus.com

see what your needs require and choose accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by ballhogz6 View Post
    Could somebody give me some more up to date info/experiences with the bus system? I havent been to aruba in six years.... and we always rented a car. I am staying at LaCabana..... most of the restaurants I want to go to are in the high rise area. I would assume that would be easy right? And if I wanted to go into the center of town for shopping.... would i be better off cabbing it?

Any suggestions info would be very much appreciated. Thank you all.... i have already learned a tremendous amount by reading posts across all forums.

I have found the bugs drivers in Aruba to be very accommodating. When we were there in May we hopped on one at Amsterdam Manor and were heading to a restaurant in the high rise area. When I asked the driver about how many stops it was he told me not to worry he would just let us know when we needed to get off. I enjoy the bus. It gives you a little time to take in the island.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 01-05-2014 at 04:23 PM.

We stay at the Trop and have used the buses for six years. Very convenient. We always make sure we have the right change in dollars and coins. Just know that there are fewer buses on Sundays. Does anyone know what the fare is now?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    $2.30 each way. No discount for r/t. If your unit is on Paradise Beach Villas side of La Cabana, you can catch the bus in front of the resort also.

jkl
    This May will be our 7th trip to Aruba and we rented a car for three of those years to see some sites but returned to taking the bus last year. The price had gone up but all new air conditioned buses. They are very timely and thanks to one of our drivers our very first year we located our very favorite daily snorkeling spot. Now the the new grocery store right behind La Cabana, we really have no need for a car.

Bus service is excellent.

The past few trips we have always rented a car, but we've been known to use the bus when going downtown (no parking issues) and it's much safer after a few Iguana Punches at Iguana Joe's . The bus was our main mode of transportation in earlier trips, and we loved it. The busses are especially nice now that they are air conditioned.

Aruba since 1979
    you brought up a very good point about a few iguana punches!
    i occasionally read posts from those that rent a car and stop for an alcoholic beverage or 2 or 3 while out and about………i can only guess they had a designated driver.

when quenching one's thirst and out and about the bus or taxi seem to be the best choice if there is no designated driver.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The past few trips we have always rented a car, but we've been known to use the bus when going downtown (no parking issues) and it's much safer after a few Iguana Punches at Iguana Joe's . The bus was our main mode of transportation in earlier trips, and we loved it. The busses are especially nice now that they are air conditioned.

We will also be going in May, I rent a jeep for a couple of days but then always take the bus. It's fun and cheaper tan a taxi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast