Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By b12w

Thread: Public Bus Route

Public Bus Route

Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes from the High Rise to the Super Food Grocery store?

Aruba since 1979
    i think, not.

routes 10, 10A and 10B http://arubus.com/routes/
    the closest stop to get out and walk would be near lacabana and amsterdam manor.
    and the road/walkways are not great.
    one of our forum members got hit by a car a couple of months ago crossing from tropicana to superfood.

i recommend a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by b12w View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a bus that goes from the High Rise to the Super Food Grocery store?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Take a taxi. It's $8.00 each way from the high rise. They may charge extra if you put bags of groceries in the trunk. You don't want to get hit by a car on vacation.

We took a taxi from the high rise area and he offered to come back in 30 minutes. We gave him a small tip on the way there and he didnt charge us for using the trunk on the way back. Taxi is worth a few dollars more than the bus and the walk in that area, jn my opinion.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Wow - good to know! I was mapping it out and was thinking about walking there on my morning walk… but I agree! I certainly don't want to get hit or be playing "frogger" crossing the road. Cab it is!

Thanks all!

We walk from AmsManor but the main road is very wide with not much space in between the two ways of traffic. But I am used to jaywalking in Boston and time it right. Not recommended for faint hearts.