Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brph26

Thread: Purple Vans

Purple Vans

When we were on the island in 2003, we would hop a purple van to go to downtown shopping etc. Are these the cabs or just a private service? We kind of just happened upon them, and they were only a few bucks to ride. Now that we are older, have kids, are more aware of our surroundings, etc., I'm thinking maybe that wasn't the best idea to just get in a van...but at the time, it seemed fine...

Are there any recommendations that you all can give on getting from the Tam to downtown that are affordable and quick?

Aruba since 1979
    i am no familiar with the "purple vans"

the bus stop is out in front of the tamarijn. the buses come by every 15 minutes or so.

www.arubus.com

Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    When we were on the island in 2003, we would hop a purple van to go to downtown shopping etc. Are these the cabs or just a private service? We kind of just happened upon them, and they were only a few bucks to ride. Now that we are older, have kids, are more aware of our surroundings, etc., I'm thinking maybe that wasn't the best idea to just get in a van...but at the time, it seemed fine...

Are there any recommendations that you all can give on getting from the Tam to downtown that are affordable and quick?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We were told last month, while there on vacation, that the independent vans are no longer allowed to drive along the resort areas. They were not regulated by the govt. like the buses and taxis, and were not held to the same standards. Arubus now has vans that they run along the bus route, along with the big buses. They are blue vans, and are perfectly fine to use.

Thanks for the info. I will assume that they were independent vans. I will have to check out that bus website. Thanks again!