Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick response from the polis

Andrea....too true...remember my earlier posts about them?? We never did recover the $800 they overcharged us. Worst car rental company on the Island

Just a nightmare going to the police station tonight to get the report and then into royal tomorrow with it and I want them to give me all my paperwork back. Just completely useless!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Things don't happen in Aruba like they do in the States. Out of 41 trips, I was rear ended 1 time several years ago. I was renting from Hans with tropical car rental. He gave me a new car and I signed a paper and that's all it was. I use to rent from Royal and American before that but never again.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Decided I'm going to go to the police myself tomorrow and can then go and take the report in myself. Forgot to mention while I was in royals this morning some poor guy had been run into by a truck and it didn't stop. Royal were telling him he wasn't covered for a hit and run! Poor guy was on his way to the airport seems to go home!

The problem I personally have with this, is that these actions reflect badly on Aruba and the Aruban people. Royal is owned by an elderly lady of Chinese descent and those operating it in this manner are from Suriname. Just to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    The problem I personally have with this, is that these actions reflect badly on Aruba and the Aruban people. Royal is owned by an elderly lady of Chinese descent and those operating it in this manner are from Suriname. Just to clarify.
    It is such a shame that royal have responded how they have. I love love love Aruba and the local people, I always give credit where credit due. I feel really infuriated this evening as I've not really come across such poor customer service I Aruba before and am Unfortunately a huge worrier so until I have that report and have personally handed it to someone who is interested at royal I won't settle which means another morning off the beach I guess! I'm very lucky in the respect that we've made some amazing friends here over the years and have had numerous messages off locals offering to help. Us sort it all they can. I don't want my post to reflect negatively on Aruba or its people but I do think poor customer service and support needs to be flagged up, there's so much competition in Aruba when it comes to rentals that it's not a bad thing issues are bought up. I'm sure royal have equally as many good reviews and maybe my experience has been poor because I wouldn't agree to sign what they expected me to. I still have 18 days left until we go home usually people go in with bumped cars the day they fly home and many will just sign to agree so they can leave (I witnessed this today for myself). I also think rental companies should make it clear what you should do if you have an accident as its very different her to the UK and I only knew not to move the vehicles and to contact the police because a local had told us when we arrived. In the UK you move your cars agree between yourselves who is at fault and swap details, the police are only involved in disputes or serious accidents. If I hadn't know what to do royal Would have no doubt been doing a happy dance and charging me a fortune as I wouldn't have had a police report. Sorry for a rant lol just frustrated and think I've driven the hubby mad all day going on and on and on lol

Aruba since 1979
    do not feel badly about ranting...........it is good for the soul

we are here to listen and to offer words of encouragement.

it is so important that we are informed and aware, so we may learn too.

i have a friend that had an incident with royal involving a vandalized car.
    she had the extra insurance on it thru Amex and when it was time for her to go home, royal gave her a heck of a time.
    amex intervened and made things right.

keep us posted mrs L.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    It is such a shame that royal have responded how they have. I love love love Aruba and the local people, I always give credit where credit due. I feel really infuriated this evening as I've not really come across such poor customer service I Aruba before and am Unfortunately a huge worrier so until I have that report and have personally handed it to someone who is interested at royal I won't settle which means another morning off the beach I guess! I'm very lucky in the respect that we've made some amazing friends here over the years and have had numerous messages off locals offering to help. Us sort it all they can. I don't want my post to reflect negatively on Aruba or its people but I do think poor customer service and support needs to be flagged up, there's so much competition in Aruba when it comes to rentals that it's not a bad thing issues are bought up. I'm sure royal have equally as many good reviews and maybe my experience has been poor because I wouldn't agree to sign what they expected me to. I still have 18 days left until we go home usually people go in with bumped cars the day they fly home and many will just sign to agree so they can leave (I witnessed this today for myself). I also think rental companies should make it clear what you should do if you have an accident as its very different her to the UK and I only knew not to move the vehicles and to contact the police because a local had told us when we arrived. In the UK you move your cars agree between yourselves who is at fault and swap details, the police are only involved in disputes or serious accidents. If I hadn't know what to do royal Would have no doubt been doing a happy dance and charging me a fortune as I wouldn't have had a police report. Sorry for a rant lol just frustrated and think I've driven the hubby mad all day going on and on and on lol

I am not sure which location you are dealing with. The head guys are located at their office in Sabana Liber. That is where you will get results!!!!!

Andrea will probably delete this after smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The folks at Royal will never get Hemar*oids as they are all perfect oles.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-14-2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: sorry john..i had hoped that you would have edited.

Sabana liber is that near the airport? That's where we are going.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast