Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Quick response from the polis

Has anyone ever had a problem with Hertz? I have rented from them the last 3 yrs and will do again as long as no complaints. Andrea, who was Amex who covered the accident?

Aruba since 1979
    check with hertz and your amex customer service about insurance coverage.

the
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Has anyone ever had a problem with Hertz? I have rented from them the last 3 yrs and will do again as long as no complaints. Andrea, who was Amex who covered the accident?

Is Amex cs. with Hertz?

Aruba since 1979
    i do not understand the question?

if you use your AMEX card to rent a vehicle there are special provisions/perks/bebefits that are included.
    Check with your AMEX credit card customer service.

Is Amex cs. with Hertz?

I do think part of the problem we were having was the fact that we were refusing to sign an acknowledgment of responsibility for and signing to agree to pay for all damages. My point being I'm not responsible so why should I sign my life away to say I am especially as I know the police report States I'm not at fault but the guys at royal couldn't see that even when the police told them they Couldnt make me sign.

Oh and whilst sat at Eagle beach this afternoon we witnessed a divi tree topple over and crush someone's parked car! My first words god I hope they aren't with royal bet they won't be covered for that!

Andrea, who was Amex who covered the accident?
    Amex - American Express credit card
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLancaster2B View Post
    Oh and whilst sat at Eagle beach this afternoon we witnessed a divi tree topple over and crush someone's parked car! My first words god I hope they aren't with royal bet they won't be covered for that!
    Oh No! I hope no one was injured.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Oh, I feel so dumb! I just got my first American Express card and didn't realize that is what it is called. That is good to hear because I want to use that for the rental card. I am almost scared to rent a car again there. I guess I have learned a very important piece of information, if you do get in an accident in Aruba, do not move your car and wait for the police. I would of moved it out of the traffic! Also do not sign anything without having the police read it first!
    Thanks again Andrea and Jacki

Smoki I think that's such an important thing luckily we knew not to move the car even if the guy suggests you do you really must insist you don't. One local was yelling us she got hit by a drunk driver and when the police came she was 2 inches over the line in the road on his side so the police said she was in the wrong place and she couldn't claim on her insurance. Guess in some ways it's good as in the UK you argue it out whose fault it is but here the police decide but if your hit by a drunk seems very unfair! Just watching the divi tree be cut down at Eagle beach they were lucky no one was in the car!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast