Aruba Beach

Thread: Renatl Agencies with GPS

Rental Agencies with GPS

When we were on the island in this past February, we ran into three couples that had rental vehicles that came equipped with GPS, and unfortunately I didn't find out who they were. Does anyone know which company(s) are providing this with the rental? Thanks...
    Last edited by schexc; 04-01-2014 at 07:36 PM.

I can't answer your question directly, but one thing I can tell you is that Google Maps (at least on Android) now has an "offline maps" feature. I was able to download the entire map of Aruba on to my phone, and use the phone's GPS while driving around the island, even in areas without cellular data service, which is normally a requirement to use Google Maps.

I think the Aruba app offers the same offline ability - app.aruba.com
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have the Pocket Earth App and have saved a map on my phone and tablet, but that is not interactive. I would certainly try Google Maps if it is interactive on IOS. In the meantime I will try to come up with the car rental agency(s) that offer GPS. I believe one of the couples was staying at LaBoheme.

Aruba since 1979
    Garmin GPS
    not sure how appropriate the above link is for this thread, but it is about GPS (although not rental car company with GPS vehicles)