Aruba Beach

Thread: Rent a car

Rent a car

During my stay at the Renaissance, I will be dining out as much as I can afford. I want to take my soon-to-be bride to the Flying Fishbone in Savaneta and I hear the taxi isn't cheap. I'm going to take advantage of a rental car that day and see the rest of the island. I was wondering where to get a rental in downtown Oranjestad. Anyone know if the Ren. rents cars or anywhere else for cheap in the downtown area? I won't need a 4x4. I searched the old posts and didn't see anything other than the airport.
    Thanks much,
    -Matt-
    Aruba...I'd say we're a little more than slightly hooked! We'll be back as soon as possible

Nevermind

Well, I seem to have the answer already

Celia, the concierge manager from the hotel emailed me back. They have a Thrifty car rental on the premesis. Sorry for adding forum clutter...
    Aruba...I'd say we're a little more than slightly hooked! We'll be back as soon as possible

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    celia is awesome..just walk across the street to the ren suites and the car rental desk is in the lobby..
    scott and tricia

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I swear by the time I get to Aruba, my wife will think I've been there before!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey beastnatch, I read that you were staying at the Ren. Check out my photo's in the gallery, and say HI to Jorge on the island. Check his photo out inmy pics. He's the best on Ren island and will take good care of you. Tell him the crazy boston group, cindy and rob say HI. YOU will love the place.cindyo

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey you guys know Celia is retired....she left while we were there.....DOn't know who the concierge is now. We're bummed, she was the best.