Aruba Beach

Thread: rent car @ airport vs a few days here and there

rent car @ airport vs a few days here and there

I'm happy to be heading for Aruba in 2 days for my fourth annual visit (for the poker tournaments at the Radisson). In past years I've always stayed away from Palm Beach and rented a car for my whole stay, but this year I'll be staying at the Mill Resort/Suites, right across the street from the Radisson, where I'll be spending a lot of my time. So I won't need a car every day, and I keep debating whether to just rent one for the whole trip or try to just rent a car 2 or 3 times for a day or two each time.

Is there a reasonably convenient/economical way to rent a car for a day or two if one is staying in the Palm Beach area? It would be especially nice if I didn't have to commit in advance to which days I might rent.

thanks for any advice...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by thehuges View Post
    I'm happy to be heading for Aruba in 2 days for my fourth annual visit (for the poker tournaments at the Radisson). In past years I've always stayed away from Palm Beach and rented a car for my whole stay, but this year I'll be staying at the Mill Resort/Suites, right across the street from the Radisson, where I'll be spending a lot of my time. So I won't need a car every day, and I keep debating whether to just rent one for the whole trip or try to just rent a car 2 or 3 times for a day or two each time.

Is there a reasonably convenient/economical way to rent a car for a day or two if one is staying in the Palm Beach area? It would be especially nice if I didn't have to commit in advance to which days I might rent.

thanks for any advice...
    You didn't say how long you were going for...Look at the week vs the day rental...thats where I would start...Sorry, I can't recommend any in particular..I am sure others on the site can..

Aruba since 1979
    i have friends that go to the divi for 3 wks every february and they rent a car each vist for only 3 days.
    once you get on island and figure out your game plan (aside from winning at poker) you will have a better idea of when you will need a car.

if you want to rent a car a couple of times for 2 or 3 days each time....you will definately be better off renting for your entire stay.
    i am assuming that you are staying a week or 2.

some resorts do have a car rental kiosk right on site.

i totally recommend getting in touch with Tropic. Hans, the owner is the BEST.

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-30-2009 at 08:52 AM.

sorry I wasn't clearer about the length of my stay. I'll be there for 12 nights. I'm starting to think that getting a car for the last 7 days is probably the way to go - I've just arranged for Bully to pick me up at the airport on my arrival.

I'll get in touch with Tropic to see what they can do - ideally I'd be looking for someone to pick me up in Palm Beach area, and then I can drop the car off at or off-airport when I fly out. I guess I'll just ask Tropic if they can do that, but if that sparks any other suggestions let me know...

thanks for the replies

Aruba since 1979
    tropic, if vehicles are available, will be terrific for you.

hans or denis will deliver the car to you and you can retrun it at the airport.

andrea