Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rent a Car or Taxi

For your destinations a rental car is going to be a bit more expensive than just the taxi fares. I did a similar breakdown in another thread, but their taxi fares were more expensive in that they are staying at the high rises. Another consideration is enjoying a bottle of wine with dinner and not having to worry about drinking and driving.

Like Andrea said, all the beach dinners, may be a bit overkill, you could just as easily substitute L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop Houseright at the Renaissance. They have a very nice atmosphere overlooking the marina. Romantic at night. ...and save the taxi fare.

My husband and I will be going back to Aruba for the second time in October and can't wait to go back to Madame Jeanette's. I would go there for sure.

Our favorite was Flying Fishbone but Madame Jeanette's is a close second. We also ate at Amazonia and El Gaucho and they were pretty good too.
    Last edited by jaime6894; 09-12-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks for the great advice all! Counting down to our trip! So I booked Madame Jeannette for Thursday night...The menu looks great! Can you guys give me an idea about how far those restaurants are from Renaissance Aruba (our hotel)? I'm also trying to figure out which reservation to cancel between OMATS, FF, or Passions as they all look great. I agree it might be overkill, but can someone help me decide which to cancel because this is our first trip. I'd sure appreciate the advice regarding which restaurant to cancel. Also, can you recommend a few very casual and fun places to go the first night we get there. I booked the wood-fired grill place simply to have something scheduled plus its right around our hotel area.

Regarding the rental car vs taxi debate I'm still deciding...How's the traffic on the island. I want to have a stress free vacation, but I also like the flexibility of being able to travel to places like Baby Beach for a day. The Renaissance Aruba has a 40 acre private island, but it might be ncie to get out for a day and tour the island at our own pace...suggestions? Thanks again to all of you!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimearuba View Post
    It's our first trip to Aruba...We are staying at the Renaissance Aruba. Leaving for Aruba on September 18th! Also, any recommendations for our Thursday evening dinner its our last night before coming back home.

Yemanja Woodfired Grill – Saturday, September 19th, 2009
    Passions – Sunday, September 20th
    ½ Day Snorkel & Luncheon; Dinner – Tony Roma’s – Monday, September 21st
    Old Man and the Sea – Tuesday, September 22nd
    Flying Fishbone – Wednesday, September 23rd
    Thursday, September 24th - TBD
    The 2 highlited are next to each other and imop to much alike.
    Having a rental car in a parking lot right next to your hotel is perfect. You don't have to hike to it...
    Try madam jeannettes as Andrea suggests, its worth the visit.
    We have stay at Renn 13 years...enjoy it, cindy

IMO I would switch OMATS with windows, still great views, food & service, but enclosed & ac'd. It's across from the Tamarijn

Sorry that would be Windows on Aruba. So much for prof-reading

We enjoyed Windows on Aruba as well and are returning in December.

Passions, OMATS, and FF...

Between Passions, OMATS, and FF which one should I cancel since it might be overkill...Thanks so much for your feedback!

Aruba since 1979
    tough choice
    if it were i.....................i think omats could be ditched only because ................oh gosh i dunno why

put the names in a hat!?!?!

the saying for aruba should be "aruba, so many restaurants, not enough time"
    andrea

Flying Fishbone ranks higher than OM&TS. http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/topten.html with many, many more reviews. I would keep Passions, their atmosphere is just a tad different than the other two and the food is reasonable $$$ (for Aruba), considering you are dining on the beach, as well as delicious.

The other two dinners will run you much more $$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast