Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rent a Car or Taxi

Trip Plans - Last minute advice please...

Here are our final trip details. I think it's scheduled enough to make the most out of our first trip, but not too much to take away from the much needed RELAX time! Does anyone have any additional suggestions? Where is the closest grocery store to the Renaissance Aruba Beach Resort and Hotel? Lings, Certified, or Kong Hings?

I decided to take the advice and ditched the reservation at TOMATS and scheduled Yemanji WoodFired Grill for Wednesday...I really appreciate the suggestion because of the close proximity of OMATS and FF. It seemed like FF was rated much higher and had many more reviews than TOMATS. SO thanks...Any last suggestion...Our flight leaves tonight at 11:45PM! Can't wait, but please give me some feedback on the itinerary

Saturday, September 19 - Arrive @ 3:45 PM Hotel Check In; check out private island, Happy Hour - Bugaloe Beach Bar and Grill– Dinner @ Wacky Wahoo

Sunday, September 20- Tour w Cerry 9A-12PM (***Natural Pools) Lunch – Brasas y Llenas; Hang at private island/snorkeling, Passions@ 6:30PM

Monday, September 21 - Aruba OffRoad (TOMCARS) 9AM – 1PM; Aruba Manor Beach Bar 5-6PM 2 for 1 drinks (BB Party) – get tips on Aruba

Tuesday, September 22 – Private Island Day; Yemanja Woodfired Grill @ 6:30PM

Wednesday, September 23 - ½ Day Luncheon Snorkel/Sail 9:15 – 1:15; Flying Fishbone (southwest seaside near Baby Beach) @ 6:30PM

Thursday, September 24th - Madame Janette @ 6:30PM

Aruba since 1979
    see my remarks in red

Quote Originally Posted by firsttimearuba View Post
    Here are our final trip details. I think it's scheduled enough to make the most out of our first trip, but not too much to take away from the much needed RELAX time! Does anyone have any additional suggestions? Where is the closest grocery store to the Renaissance Aruba Beach Resort and Hotel? Lings, Certified, or Kong Hings? the hong king downtown near renaissance is GROSS try the Lings or the Hong King or the certified on the outskirts of town in the EAGLE section

I decided to take the advice and ditched the reservation at TOMATS and scheduled Yemanji WoodFired Grill for Wednesday...I really appreciate the suggestion because of the close proximity of OMATS and FF. It seemed like FF was rated much higher and had many more reviews than TOMATS. SO thanks...Any last suggestion...Our flight leaves tonight at 11:45PM! Can't wait, but please give me some feedback on the itinerary

Saturday, September 19 - Arrive @ 3:45 PM Hotel Check In; check out private island, Happy Hour - Bugaloe Beach Bar and Grill– Dinner @ Wacky Wahoo you probably will be to tired to do the bugaloe and private island dinner at wacky whaoo is great

Sunday, September 20- Tour w Cerry 9A-12PM (***Natural Pools) Lunch – Brasas y Llenas; Hang at private island/snorkeling, Passions@ 6:30PMsounds wonderful tell cerry andrea and paul send best regards

Monday, September 21 - Aruba OffRoad (TOMCARS) 9AM – 1PM; Aruba Manor Beach Bar 5-6PM 2 for 1 drinks (BB Party) – get tips on Aruba amsterdam manor dinner where ?

Tuesday, September 22 – Private Island Day; Yemanja Woodfired Grill @ 6:30PM excellent

Wednesday, September 23 - ½ Day Luncheon Snorkel/Sail 9:15 – 1:15; Flying Fishbone (southwest seaside near Baby Beach) @ 6:30PM excellent

Thursday, September 24th - Madame Janette @ 6:30PM
    private island day? excellent

i'd wager that you are going to be exhausted, but do not want to be presumptious and tell you to ditch something ask and i will say but will not offer unsolicited

happy and safe travels

andrea

Good Morning,

Jaime6894, RENT A CAR.
    More convinient and total freedom. If you do the math, you are way better off renting a car.
    1 week.
    Those prices given by ArubaLisa are great.

Insurance is recomended. You might me insured by your Credit Card, but most companies in Aruba will have you pay for all charges and afterwards you can claim with your credit card.
    So please go ahead and insure yourself here and pay the extra insurance. My suggestion, buy 3rd party insurance here in Aruba. It holds you to maximum $ 500 liability, and afterwards you can claim that with your Credit Card Insurance. (which is way better then paying all costs and then claiming in the U.S.)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-26-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123