Aruba Beach

Thread: Rental Car or Cab to Grocery Store?

Rental Car or Cab to Grocery Store?

Going to Aruba staying at the Surf Club 6/13 - 6/20 and will be needing to go the the grocery store. Is it better to rent a car or take a cab to the grocery store? If we do rent a car we don't plan on using it other than going to the grocery store so would only need it for this one trip. If we take a cab will the groc store call a cab for us to take us back to the Surf Club --is that a big hassle? Thanks for your help!

Any Aruba beach...
    If you are not renting a car for your stay, you can reach Ling and Sons or the other markets via bus or taxi. If taking the bus, Ling's will phone a taxi to pick you up upon completion of your shopping.

A taxi each way would run you about $10.

I suggest reading through some of the threads regarding taxis

the oceanside resturants

take a cab

We didn't want to rent a car. Cabs are plentiful. The drivers will take you most andywhere you want. We took a cab to ling and sons from Costa linda 8.00. There were cabs waiting out front when we were done with our shopping. He helped us load our case of water, pop and beer and other groceries. Back to the hotel. another 8.00. You could take the bus there for 1.50 and then a cab back . Back... I want to go back.

Last month, we had Bully (Bully Taxi) pick us up at the hotel, Renaissance and drop us off at Ling & Sons. He returned at a pre-arranged time as promised to take us back.

His price for the round trip was very, very reasonable.
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at

You can rent a Yaris for $150 for the week, if you start breaking down costs to and from airport, out to dinner a few times, downtown, it adds up pretty quick. But if you're all-inclusive I wouldn't bother except maybe a Jeep for one day.