Aruba Beach

Thread: rental cars

rental cars

I need some help...........we all do, that's why we go to Aruba...........so we no longer need help...forget your worries!!!
    Anyways.............
    For our trip in Dec, '06.......we stayed at the la Cabana..........after paying the taxi to get to the resort........ we were asked if we were interested in renting a vehicle........and yes, we were, especially at a rate of $300 for the whole week and it would fit 8 people. There were 7 of us. We don't remember which company is was, but do remember it wasn't at the airport. On departure we drove to the rental place (which appeared to be a business in a home),and the young man took us to the airport.
    So........now where can we get a good deal, for one week, and would fit 6 (2 adults, 4 children). Is it better to reserve ahead of time, get one at the airport, or take a taxi to the resort and get a deal there? Which is the better route to take?
    Also.........how much is a taxi to the Surf club?
    Thanks in advance

Based on what you've described it sounds like you may be talking about Hans from Tropic Car Rental. While the website only shows one car model (Yaris) I believe he has other vehicles available.

If you decide to go with Tropic you will want to reserve ahead of time. He seems to be very popular and is often fully booked. While most rental companies get their share of mixed reviews, I can honestly say I've never heard a bad thing about Tropic. (though I have no personal experience)

We've used Royal in the past and have had good luck with them, and my parents just recently rented a minivan from them on their last trip. They are now located off the airport but provide a shuttle. (they are only a couple minutes away)

From the Airport to the Marriott Surf Club will cost you $20.

I am hoping that all you say about Tropic is true. We have a car reserved with Hans for our trip next month (see counter below...). We were unable to get a car for the entire ten days that we will be there, but we got a price of $175 for seven days, delivered right to our resort and picked up the day before we head home. Sounds like a good deal to me.
    Bill and Jean

Hi I reccomend Ace car rental. Ace moved out of the airport about 4-5 months ago so it's customers would not have to pay the airport car rental tax. Ace moved right around the corner from the airport. If you reserve before you arrive (RECCOMENDED) there will be a person holding a sign that says ACE with your last name on it. That person then radios and someone in a car comes and picks you up and takes you to their office. We met Adolf the owner and he is so nice! We were out of there in minutes and have to say that they are the best and definately plan to use again. I just checked and they have a Kia van for #300.00 for the week since that is what yopu wanted. Here is there website below.

AceAruba.com

Thank you so much........everyone's advice has helped tremedously!!

4 more days, until I'm on the beach and away from this OH weather!! YUK!!
    Lisa

Druif Beach, Downtown, our condo at Divi Golf and Beach resort, the pool there, Smokey Joes BBQ, Salt and Pepper, Mi Dushi Bagels, El Gaucho, Pizza Bob's...everything!
    Awesome! 4 more days is great! We are in Ohio as well (Youngstown) and can't wait to get outta here and be warm and see the SUN! Have a great time!