Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Rental cars. I recommend Royal

M&M

Rental cars. I recommend Royal

Hello,
    Still getting down from "Aruba Lag";. I still am wearing my tropical duds when I can, but the temperature is now around 70 degrees, so I will have to put them away, sigh!! Anyway, when we was in Aruba September 1-9, 2013, I rented from Royal. The prices were very good, the delivery prompt,(you don't have to drive them back to their office as they have their own transportation) When I went through the dent/scratch inspection "Kenny" actually found more than I did, as I was worried when I returned the car, they would start picking on small items.The car was a Suzuki Swift, small, but very peppy, easy to handle, and very low on gas! We even went through the large Arikok park, carefully, and reasonably slow, specially on the gully drains, which if you are going over 5 mph, you may bottom out on your front, so if you do, slow down to a snails pace when you get to these drains, as we did an it was fine. So, at least for that you did not need a jeep, and they are very pricey and use a lot of gas. When they came to pick up the car, he walked around very quickly, smiled, and said "have a good day'! Gotta love them! Try them, you will like them!
    Have fun in the sun!
    M&M

Totally agree! Have been using them for years and have never had a problem
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Me too....have never had a problem with them....and they are very accommodating...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    glad to hear good reviews of royal

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Same here. I had a good experience using Royal Car Rental during my last two visits to Aruba where I rented from them.

I have rented with Royal several times. No problems and very reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    Hello,
    Still getting down from "Aruba Lag";. I still am wearing my tropical duds when I can, but the temperature is now around 70 degrees, so I will have to put them away, sigh!! Anyway, when we was in Aruba September 1-9, 2013, I rented from Royal. The prices were very good, the delivery prompt,(you don't have to drive them back to their office as they have their own transportation) When I went through the dent/scratch inspection "Kenny" actually found more than I did, as I was worried when I returned the car, they would start picking on small items.The car was a Suzuki Swift, small, but very peppy, easy to handle, and very low on gas! We even went through the large Arikok park, carefully, and reasonably slow, specially on the gully drains, which if you are going over 5 mph, you may bottom out on your front, so if you do, slow down to a snails pace when you get to these drains, as we did an it was fine. So, at least for that you did not need a jeep, and they are very pricey and use a lot of gas. When they came to pick up the car, he walked around very quickly, smiled, and said "have a good day'! Gotta love them! Try them, you will like them!
    Have fun in the sun!
    M&M

Hi,

Is it a pain to be shuttled to and from this place from the airport?

Aruba since 1979
    I think most would say no to it being a pain

the car rental off airport site are not far at all. Just a mile or 2 or 3 tops
    Quote Originally Posted by bstnldy View Post
    Hi,

Is it a pain to be shuttled to and from this place from the airport?

It's not a pain at all. I think it is quite convenient honestly - especially since we travel in a large party. Another driver in my party & I typically leave everyone else at the airport with our luggage and take the shuttle which gives me just enough time to get a "Welcome home" from the driver before we are at the office. I get the vehicle and head back to the airport to pick everyone up.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    It's not a pain at all. I think it is quite convenient honestly - especially since we travel in a large party. Another driver in my party & I typically leave everyone else at the airport with our luggage and take the shuttle which gives me just enough time to get a "Welcome home" from the driver before we are at the office. I get the vehicle and head back to the airport to pick everyone up.
    I was looking at their website..(because of this post of course) and now I am unsure what car to book. I know we'd be taken two trips to the airport with the size of the smaller cars..one to drop luggage off with someone and then back to the hotel. Which one do you think for a party of four? I like the discount they are offering..helps cause I want something but don't want to spend a ton of money on.

Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast