Aruba Beach

Thread: Renting cab by the hour

Renting cab by the hour

I was thinking of renting a cab for an hour which I believe is $45.00?

I land around 4pm next Saturday and was thinking of going to Lings prior to my check in at La Cabana. Usually my room is not ready until around 5pm so when I get there I usually walk down the block to super foods and then take a cab back.

Aruba since 1979
    it is indeed $45 p hr

your plan makes perfect sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    I was thinking of renting a cab for an hour which I believe is $45.00?

I land around 4pm next Saturday and was thinking of going to Lings prior to my check in at La Cabana. Usually my room is not ready until around 5pm so when I get there I usually walk down the block to super foods and then take a cab back.

I just sent Bully an email. I've never used him before but since he comes so highly recommended, I feel safe to leave my luggage in the cab while I shop at Lings.
    Hopefully I can do it all within an hour. My Mother is coming with me and she can go through whole supermarket and spend an hour there. I will have to tell her that I'm just shopping for breakfast essentials and some lunch items. Maybe I will draw up a list, get everything and be out..

What is the cheapest beer to buy there by the 12 pack or case? I used to think it was heineken but I don't want to buy any beer that will cost more than in the states..

Thanks

I'm going to jump out there and say Balashi or Chill will be the cheapest. They are the only local beers available, as any other beer you find is imported (think Heineken, Amstel, Coors, Miller, etc.). I bought a fair amount of Balashi the past couple of weeks and it was about 15 bucks a 12 pack at Superfoods. The price was acceptable to me and I only drink Balashi or Polar while on the island.

That sounds reasonable. Maybe I will try the Chili. I never had it before.

Unfortunately Bully was booked for the day I'm traveling and didnt' have anyone available to reccomend. Its straight to the resort then..

Aruba since 1979
    that is disappointing bully is wonderful. hubert, his brother in law must be booked also.

but, possibly someone has someone that they can recommend.

or, you can take your chances and hire a cab at the airport, ask the driver before getting in if you can have his services for an hour. the law states that the rate for hire is $45 p hour. there are plenty of very good drivers out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Unfortunately Bully was booked for the day I'm traveling and didnt' have anyone available to reccomend. Its straight to the resort then..

Its ok. I will just go straight to la cabana to check in then walk down to superfoods and take a cab back to la cabana.