Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: renting a car

renting a car

Ok im sure this has been discussed b4 but here goes anyway. Im going to aruba for the first time in june what does everyone think about renting a jeep i am going to be there for 7 days and would like to go see some sights that look to be off the beaten path. What would be the best place to get one and what places should i avoid.

Jeeps seem very popular and a lot of people do it. Definitely cost a premium vs. the smaller, more typical rentals ex: toyota yaris...jeeps are the way to go if you want to do some off road driving. The Yaris is definitely not made for that

Aruba since 1979
    be forewarned that in aruba your off roading experience is not covered by the auto insurance that is either thru your credit card compay or the additional insurance that the car rental agency sells you

although MANY do off roading in aruba in rented 4x4s it is risky (financially)

andrea

IS there any places to get a good off road map? What are the best and worst places to rent?

Quote Originally Posted by leonen154 View Post
    IS there any places to get a good off road map? What are the best and worst places to rent?
    Your rental agency will give you a map with the car.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/aruba%20map.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental.html

You will probably receive as many suggestions on rental agencies as there as agencies. We have had good experiences with Amigo and Royal. Many here use Tropic if you only needed a compact.

Also please read through some of these posts:
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental%20insurance.html

IGUANNA JOES, FISHING CHARTERS, SHOPPING, BABY BEACH,BUGALOOS
    We just rented a jeep for the 3rd year and next year we are getting a car!!!
    All the jeeps we've gotten have had a problem... slow leak in tire 2 years in a row
    this year the brakes went and we were driving home with no brakes, and the one they gave us to replace it had a loose steering wheel.
    Mostly all the jeeps we looked at on the road this year were run down and dirty looking.
    More for Less looked like they had some newer ones but I don't know how good they were.
    I have to say they were fun even with our problems
    GOOD LUCK
    Also if you get one don't forget to put the top up at night....we had a couple of mornings with wet seats.
    WAYNE+CYNDYANN

Has anyone had good experiance renting a jeep and if so where?

IT doesnt look good Noone rented a jeep and didnt have any problems a nice newer jeep?

I "think" ( my personal opinion through conversations and observations) that the chance of finding a "brand new" jeep for rental is not very easy/likely. After importation, the cost of a Jeep Wrangler is a large investment for the rental companies and they probably cannot afford to replace them as often as they like. This does not take into consideration the fact that many people are "rougher" on rental vehicles and in Aruba with "off roading" just makes that problem worse.

Our last Wrangler rental was with Royal and it was well worn. The Suzuki XL7 we had at the same time was in much better shape as was the Lexus SUV (there were 10 of us ). Last year we rented a Hyundai Santa Fe from Amigo Car Rental and the vehicle was brand new.

if we rented a suv could we get to the natural pool and the other things?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast