Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Renting the Jeeps

Renting the Jeeps

I have seen several posts and I am so confused on who to rent from. I seen some that said rent from 'More4Less' or to rent from Budget. I am coming for two weeks, with part of that time doing a photo shoot on your lovely island. Because we did not want to be limited, we were considering renting two 4 door jeeps, and possibly a minivan. I know my trip insurance covers rentals, and I can even purchase a special American express insurance, but I really dont want to have one of these stories where there is an astronomical hold or a triple charge on my CC. Can you help please?

p.s. I see a lot posted on "Bully" as far as taxi runs. how hard is it to book with him?

Thanks.

Leighton

Aruba since 1979
    check out the below tagged threads re:car/jeep rentals.
    most areas on aruba are very accessible by cars........jeep and off roading vehicles are really not necessary unless you plan a trip to the natural pool or into the very rough areas.
    see below threads.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jeep%20rental.html

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental.html

http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/gett...l/default.aspx

as far as bully reservations, give him plenty of notice for airport runs or island tours. regular restaurant pick ups can be made during your stay.
    he is very popular, and if he cannot get you set up, he can recommend others.
    bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

you can also contact bully by private message on this forum. his username is taxidriver

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonD View Post
    I have seen several posts and I am so confused on who to rent from. I seen some that said rent from 'More4Less' or to rent from Budget. I am coming for two weeks, with part of that time doing a photo shoot on your lovely island. Because we did not want to be limited, we were considering renting two 4 door jeeps, and possibly a minivan. I know my trip insurance covers rentals, and I can even purchase a special American express insurance, but I really dont want to have one of these stories where there is an astronomical hold or a triple charge on my CC. Can you help please?

p.s. I see a lot posted on "Bully" as far as taxi runs. how hard is it to book with him?

Thanks.

Leighton

Thanks Andrea, I do plan on going to the pool and seeing where else. Because I do plan on looking for places to photograph, I want to make sure that I dont get stuck anywhere. I REALLY appreciate the links! Thank you.

Aruba since 1979
    and as far as credit card "holds", i have no answers or suggestions.

some of the jeep rental contracts say all insurances are null and void if the jeep is taken into the rough area and or the soft white sand area. make sure that you get all of this information up front from the rental agency.

something as simple as a flat tire out there can turn into a major train wreck.

shop very carefully and ask lots of questions and get the lowdown in writing as to what is covered and not covered.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonD View Post
    Thanks Andrea, I do plan on going to the pool and seeing where else. Because I do plan on looking for places to photograph, I want to make sure that I dont get stuck anywhere. I REALLY appreciate the links! Thank you.