Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Results from Reading All 27 Pages of this Sub-Forum

Aruba since 1979
    As an experienced rider.....note I did not say a good rider, the ride on horseback to the natural pool is treacherous . A fall could be catastrophic......much cacti and boulders.

A riding helmet should be worn along with the garb lisa mentioned.

Aruba since 1979
    Also horses "spook" ,some easily. A low flying bird or snake could send horse into "spook mode "

Thanks for the info! I'll leave this one up in the air until we get to the island. Maybe a hike, maybe a horse, maybe an ATV, maybe not at all; we'll see. Although, after this past weekend's Tough Mudder, the hike looks like a cakewalk!

My wife and I did a horseback riding trip to the Natural Pool and highly recommend it. We are not by any means experienced riders and the company did an excellent job of matching us up with appropriate horses. We got to spend about half an hour at the Natural Pool swimming and snorkeling around (we took our masks and snorkels with us in a backpack). Yes, it is a fairly treacherous ride but at a very leisurely pace so we never felt in danger.

I highly recommend the horseback trip. It's a great way to see the natural landscape and experience the Natural Pool. We even got to gallop the horses on the beach on the way back.

I wish I could remember the company's name... all I remember is that the guide was also the driver of our Kukoo Kunuku bus I wish I could remember his name too - great guy!

Looks like from your picture that you're about the same age as me and my wife... so I'd recommend the Kukoo Kunuku for a night of drinking and partying without the danger of driving! We had a blast!
    Last edited by tight_lines; 01-09-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added info

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by tight_lines View Post
    My wife and I did a horseback riding trip to the Natural Pool and highly recommend it. We are not by any means experienced riders and the company did an excellent job of matching us up with appropriate horses. We got to spend about half an hour at the Natural Pool swimming and snorkeling around (we took our masks and snorkels with us in a backpack). Yes, it is a fairly treacherous ride but at a very leisurely pace so we never felt in danger.

I highly recommend the horseback trip. It's a great way to see the natural landscape and experience the Natural Pool. We even got to gallop the horses on the beach on the way back.

I wish I could remember the company's name... all I remember is that the guide was also the driver of our Kukoo Kunuku bus I wish I could remember his name too - great guy!

Looks like from your picture that you're about the same age as me and my wife... so I'd recommend the Kukoo Kunuku for a night of drinking and partying without the danger of driving! We had a blast!

Thanks for the info, TL!

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    On our second visit to Aruba, we discovered Madi and took a tour to the Natural Pool with her -- outstanding! (website is http://madimagicaltours.com) You can spend as much time as you'd like, and then go wherever you'd like after that! We HIGHLY recommend a trip with her -- she's a very special and wonderful person! (try a search - just type in "Madi")
    For us, every trip back will definitely include a visit with Madi!!!!

re: horseback trips to the Natural Pool -- we heard that it is very hard on the horses feet, and may be suspended altogether.

We always rent a car, and it's soo much fun to go out exploring and get "lost"!
    Also nice for getting to and from restaurants.

It all really depends on how much time you have, and how many things you want to do, if you can off the beach lol!!!

Have a wonderful trip -- bet you'll be back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12