Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: royal car rental

Thumbs down royal car rental

Hello, we are vacationing on Aruba at the moment and I would like to share my experience. We wanted to rent a convertible for a day to tour the island. We ended up with Royal Car Rental. We rented two Chrysler Sebrings. Cost for a day was 95.00 (per car, including insurance). We got two old cars that were not worth the price. If you want to rent with Royal make sure to ask upfront about the condition of the care you are getting. Afterwards I think it would have been better to rent a regular compact car for half the price. Live and learn.

Yes,a BIG thumbs down for royal car rental, very bad experience with them last year,.. it anyone rents from this company, check the car over for any prior dents and scratches,make sure to point it out,and write it down....OR YOU WILL PAY.....

We had a bad experience with a small car rental company a few years ago called Jensen-they have since gone out of business. I personally think it's worth it to go with the more established companies, even if it cost a few extra dollars as I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". If the price is real low, there is probably is reason why. Some other members on this site have had positive experiences with some smaller companies like Tropic, but their supply of cars is much more limited. We have never had a problem with either Budget or Hertz, as the cars are always clean, mechanically sound, and always ready- and they are right across from the arrivals building so we are in our car and on our way to the beach minutes after we leave the terminal. Just like picking restaurants, hotels/timeshares, and activities, everyone must decide what works best for them.

Totally agree about Royal Car Rental

Shady operation causing an Aruba LOVER (15+ visits) to re-consider ever visiting the island again. Really bad experience with them with them charging me for damage after I left the island with any authorization. Still in dispute. The Airport Authority really needs to enforce the laws to keep them off airport gounds.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well you can't blame the island for what royal car rental did. that's almost like blaming the hotel if it rains. that's why this forum is great. you get to read people's reviews. your review of royal helps the next person so that's a good thing. i would never rent from them based on the majority of reviews. we rent from tropic but everyone already knows they're great, lol....

I did end up renting a jeep from royal for 1 week, paid $300 plus insurace @ $140, if I would have crashed my max liability would have been $99. Yes the jeep was old but the price was cheap. Hertz who had a station @ my hotel wated $200 for just 1 day with insurace. I took pics of the jeep from all angles with the royal sales guy in the pics, and I made note with him about all dents and dings, no problems.

I haven't let royal car rental stop me from visiting my favorite place. I just rent from Toyota instead!!! Royal also charged me AFTER I left the island, I fought with my credit card bank for months, only to have to pay this FALSE claim ( $800) So now I don't rent from royal , and I don't do business with the credit card company either !!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    your situation with ROYAL and being charged.....
    was it a damage thing they claimed against you?
    did it turn into your word against theirs?
    Quote Originally Posted by arubacandy View Post
    I haven't let royal car rental stop me from visiting my favorite place. I just rent from Toyota instead!!! Royal also charged me AFTER I left the island, I fought with my credit card bank for months, only to have to pay this FALSE claim ( $800) So now I don't rent from royal , and I don't do business with the credit card company either !!!!!

Sounds like I got lucky renting from royal, I did feel they were shady, but no crazy charges. I figure next time I vwill skip renting and just pay to take a trip with some company and maybe catch a cab or two

Yes Andrea, Royal claimed damage to the vehicle after I left Aruba!! They charged my credit card hours after I return it .I was on the plane half way home!! They had another receipt from the one they gave me and charged $ 800 on it. Back and forth with my credit card co for months very annoyed with both. What kills me is I have rented from Royal for many years in the past, NOT anymore, they can't be trusted with your credit card .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast