Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Royal Car Rental

Royal Car Rental

I am very excited to travel to Aruba for 2 weeks starting this Sunday. I was there one time about 11 years ago. I remember renting a jeep for the week and loved exploring the island including resturaunts, and and nature.

Has anyone used Royal Car Rental before?
    They have given me a price of $500 for 2 weeks, plus I need to add insurance at $280. I want the max insurance b/c you never know. Ya, the price is the cheapest and now I think I will just go with a mid week rental for just one week. I would love the Jeep for the full 2 weeks, but the price is bit over my budget.

Anyone know of better deals?
    Since I will be leaving this Sunday, Oct 30, I am thinking this is the offseason, so Jeeps should be available when I get there, but I am thinking I may want to reserve in advance, just in case.

I am so excited!!! Of all the Islands I have went to Aruba was by far the best, you are not stuck on a compound, and I just love getting the Jeep to explore. I am a beach person and Staying at an all inclusive, but still wana eat out etc.

Will be my 7 years I rent from them never have problem .One year we have a flat tire they came to they hotel and change it ,less then 1 hour 1/2 I call them ,every compagnie is different. Me I didn't have problem .They do give you a good price they not at they airport ground 1 miles out .
    Good Luck

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    if you put it on your american express, you are covered for the insurance up to $50,000. and if you want to be extra extra covered (medical, etc), for $25 extra with AMEX, you get supreme coverage which is what we always do. You enroll in the program and they only charge you that when you rent a car, one time fee. $280 for insurance is a bit much.

I agree, way too expensive. Some VISA and MC also offer insurance for rentals. I never buy the rental car insurance. Had a minor accident in Aruba years ago. Paid for the damage and got reimbursed by VISA. No sweat, no strain.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I would definitely check with your cc company. We are enrolled in the extra coverage with AMEX. So its one time they charge you the $25 per rental, up to 30 days rental at a time. and its not like you pay that $25 per month. it only kicks in when you put a rental car on your Amex. Well worth it! I don't know about VISA because I always use the AMEX card but Andy's right, check with your cc company.

Aruba since 1979
    i agree with the others
    $280 for additional insurance imo is too much.
    please check with your credit card company.

also too, when renting a jeep or any kind of a 4x4 vehicle, check with the rental company for exclusions. some specifically exclude off roading (trip to natural pool). in the event of a unexpected situation while off roading, will the vehicle rental company come to help? (flat tire?)

also too, if off roading is mentioned as an exclusion, no insurance will cover any damage to vehicle, even your own credit card insurance.

please check with royal.
    ask if they will send you a contract by email attachment so that you can read the "fine print."

a suggestion i have would be to rent a sedan and take a couple of jeep or atv excursions?

welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

American Express Premium Car Rental Protection

• You MUST enroll in advance. The insurance is $24.95 per rental period, not per day
    • You will only be billed a premium when you use your enrolled Card to rent a car

As a point of comparison, the CDW coverage at Payless/Optima is $15 a day ($210 for 2 weeks) for all but their biggest vans.

Bottom line, the total of all charges is what's important. Lower rate/higher insurance or higher rate/lower insurance.

great advise!

Thanks everyone for the great advise. I never thought about insurance via credit card company. I will check with visa and master card. As luck would have it, one of my cc companies just sent me an american express card, so I will check with them as well. I think it was citibank, when they sent me a new visa card they included a new amex, a card I never had. I thoought that was odd but now its a blessing.

Yes, the fine print about off roading, I will send them an email in the morning and ask 2 to c the contract. What good is a 4wd if u can't use it. I may just do the 1 week rental in the middle of the trip to save some money, but if my cc covers the ins I will do the full two weeks just to have the freedom.

Worse case I will rent a cheap car and take some jeep tours via a company at my hotel.

Wow guys, that's for all the advise! Hope I learn some tips and tricks to share when I return.

Smile

You will have a great trip! I have used Royal alot and they are great. The only issue I had is I was on the last flight of the day and we were 1 hour late so they never waited on me. I took a taxi and the next day they brought my car and give me my taxi money back. I will be on Aruba Nov 5 thru 13th for my 25th trip so if you care to hook up, please let me know. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017