Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Royal Car Rental Disaster

Hi You are scary me now I have my reservation for Feb vacation I know last year went I rent over Royal the gas tank was empty and the guys said return the same way and I said no you will putt me gas on it and he did it wasn't happy about it ...have to be very on it he putt only for 30.00 us ,Right now I don't know if I should cancell and looking for other like Budget what you think about them ????I been renting for so many year at Royal and no problem and now I been hearing all can the stuff and I don't want to be stuck with problem .thank Ginette

Ginette

We own on the island and had used Royal for a number of years and had recommended it to renters of our house and to friends. We had friends there in Feb/Mar and they overcharged them by approx $400 more than they quoted in an email. When challenged by our friends at checkout they were smugly told by the guy checking them out that it was too bad and they should have raised the issue when picking up the car. Needless to say our friends will never rent there again.

Summary. Years ago they were ok. Recently in the last 2 years they have gone to hell in a hand basket.

You will need to make your own decision about renting, but do listen to what others are saying

Aruba since 1979
    ginette
    many folks have had good/great service with royal.
    looks like some have had poor experiences too.

personally, if they have been good for you in the past, why change the plan?

every customer has different experiences with different vendors.

it is just like a restaurant review, hotel or timeshare review..........what suits you, may not suit others.

i encourage all folks to post good and bad and inbetween...reviews. if royal was always bad, they would not still be in business. if royal was fabulous we'd be hearing praises all of the time (like TROPIC)

there are always 2 or more sides to every story.

some folks are like Pollyanna.......and everything is always glorious and wonderful and are deliriously happy
    other folks are negative about many things..... and nothing or not much or anything makes them happy

so believe only 1/2 of what you read???

so how was that of making things as clear as mud?

Quote Originally Posted by ginette View Post
    Hi You are scary me now I have my reservation for Feb vacation I know last year went I rent over Royal the gas tank was empty and the guys said return the same way and I said no you will putt me gas on it and he did it wasn't happy about it ...have to be very on it he putt only for 30.00 us ,Right now I don't know if I should cancell and looking for other like Budget what you think about them ????I been renting for so many year at Royal and no problem and now I been hearing all can the stuff and I don't want to be stuck with problem .thank Ginette
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-22-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixed smilies

It is unfortunate that you had this experience with Royal. I am sorry to hear this. They have been in business for a good number of years on the island.

Besides, Tropic and Optima, over the years I have heard, read or lived every horror story imaginable about just about every rental car company on the island.

We have never used either of the above since neither rent SUV's and we are almost at least 7 people minimum or the fact that we rent for a maximum of a day or two.

Off the top of my head, on various trips we have used 6 different companies. Our worst experiences were with a company no longer in business and rightfully so as well as Hertz. Our best rentals have been with Amigo and Royal.

I no longer recommend any car rental agencies and have the opinion cheapest is not always the best, and reserve and hope for the best.

i made reservations with them for october1st through 8th, is it too late co cancel? i've seen way too many of these posts on other boards about this company.

and i'm a pushover, so their scam game, would get me hook, line and sinker.

????

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    We've rented from Budget, Royal and Optima. Unfortunately, we are always too late for Hans, though we keep trying. Optima was the best of the bunch - friendly and more responsive service, even though a Yaris is a Yaris is a Yaris.

Royal was our least favorite, but our experience was OK. The car was an older Sonata, with a non-functioning speedometer. No one was at the office on Sunday when we had to return the car and we had to call, but they showed up promptly. No scams.

Good luck with whomever you wind up with.

Thank you all for your reply.I never had problem with them I will try them again this year ,I been renting at lease 9 years from them , i like about them we can have a second driver at no charge One drink they other one drive .I don't care about what the car look I don't mind scracht this way they don't look for new one .He just to do grocerie and eating at the restaurant .Went I was reading the review I got scare some time buniss change .
    thanks ginette

i dont scratches, but dont try to charge me for those scratches, later. which is what i'm reading one here, tripadvisor, etc. seems like they are trying to scam people. if it was 1 post it would be different, but it's 5-10 posts about them scamming and being terrible.

I'm sticking with them, but i will as advised, take pictures of the car with my camera.

ChrisinSTL
    I don't scracth car I take care and make sure no one touch me park in garage event if the car is all scracthy .They only thing I hope everything will be fin make me nervous to ear all the comment . like they other told me I have to make my own experience .I hope evrything will be fin .thank you ginette

i also hope everything goes well, i'll be renting from them in a week or so.

got a little scared about all of the bad reviews, and al lwere recent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast