Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Royal Car Rental Experience

Thanks Andrea J. For looking into this post, I got burnt by Royal Big Time , so I find this story hard to believe .

Talk about going above and beyond!!

Yes, I live in suburban Detroit. I am not a plant, I am human.

I have read that Royal has had some unhappy customers. I also know that the people that are unhappy are the people you hear from. If everything goes as you expected, people usually dont post about that.

I haven't received my phone yet, but it takes 5 or 6 days to ship "ground" from Aruba.

I am still here, and still active. If I don't receive my phone, I will let everyone know, because then I will be one of those unhappy customers.

I knew I was going to the park on the east coast. I knew I would be going on some washed out, unimproved trails, and didn't want to take a Kia Picanto. Thats just not nice to the rental agency to take those cars on those "roads" The jeep was just what we needed.

Urmie has been working with me to take care of the customs documents needed to ship the cell phone back to the states. I didn't realize how much bureaucracy was involved in getting my cell returned to me.

Question

Might it be easier to "bypass" Fedex and find a "volunteer" who is heading back to the states. Have them pick it up from Royal and fly with it back to the states and then pop it in the mail to you.

Received my phone Friday. :-) Royal really went above and beyond. They definitely earned my repeat business.

Aruba since 1979
    Wonderful!
    Kudos to Royal for going above and beyond

I have used Royal the last 3 years and will be picking up my car from them again on Saturday. We have had older model cars and once we had a flat tire and another time we had a battery problem...both times they showed up quickly to resolve the problem (change tire and swap vehicle).
    I am a repeat customer as their prices are very competitive too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12