Aruba Beach

Thread: Ruba Rental Car- BEWARE!

Thumbs down Ruba Rental Car- BEWARE!

After 10 years of renting cars from this car rental agency ( 2x a year) we had a horrible experience with them yesterday when we left the island. We found we had a flat tire when we went to leave to go to the airport and when we called them we were told they would not help us unless we paid them $25.00. No where in our contract did it ever mention this. The person we spoke with ( someone new) was very nasty and used language that would shock anyone!! We ended up having a wonderful taxi driver help us at the timeshare ( we own at Divi Phoenix). When we finally got to the car rental, I cannot even begin to tell you how we were spoken to when we questioned them on this. They tried to charge us another $10.00 to now fix the flat tire ( which we refused) and then he proceeded to tell us to leave the office ( in explicit language and not to come back). Nice way to speak to 2 women who have been loyal customers and have referred people to them after many years! I am not sure what has changed at this car rental BUT I am suggesting NOT to use them!!

Aruba since 1979
    inexcusable behavior and i hope that you pursue it and write to the manager
    make sure you send them your review of them on this forum.

you are owed so much more than an apology.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by PMIgirl View Post
    After 10 years of renting cars from this car rental agency ( 2x a year) we had a horrible experience with them yesterday when we left the island. We found we had a flat tire when we went to leave to go to the airport and when we called them we were told they would not help us unless we paid them $25.00. No where in our contract did it ever mention this. The person we spoke with ( someone new) was very nasty and used language that would shock anyone!! We ended up having a wonderful taxi driver help us at the timeshare ( we own at Divi Phoenix). When we finally got to the car rental, I cannot even begin to tell you how we were spoken to when we questioned them on this. They tried to charge us another $10.00 to now fix the flat tire ( which we refused) and then he proceeded to tell us to leave the office ( in explicit language and not to come back). Nice way to speak to 2 women who have been loyal customers and have referred people to them after many years! I am not sure what has changed at this car rental BUT I am suggesting NOT to use them!!

Sorry this has happened to you. I would keep an idea on your credit card to make sure there are no additional "surprise" charges.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Unacceptable behavior, buyer beware !

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Buyer beware, spread the word here...Unacceptable behavior !!!!

Aruba since 1979
    i emailed the rubacar rental and asked them to visit the thread.

hope that the women that were the victims get at least an apology from the manager.

(hopefully the manager/owner was unaware and not involved in the fiasco)

can u imagine being an employer, having your employees treat the customers in the way in which PMIgirl and her friend were treated?

I hope there is an apology.........again the very least that should be done.
    Begging for forgiveness is more appropriate.
    andrea

So sorry about your experience! If the business people in Aruba knew about this board and the reporting, I'm sure they would think twice about how they treat customers. A board like this can be very powerful.

Ditto what arubalisa said - I'd pay attention to your credit card for a few months to make sure there are no additional charges.

Good Morning all,

It is completely surprising and unbelievable to read the above.
    I am proud to be Arubian, and am in utter disgust with what happened to you on my island.

Yes, I might be a competitor, working with AVIS, but I am Arubian and this should not happen.

I can tell you that 1st of all, Ruba car rental does not have arubians working for them!!!
    They are all from Suriname and most (because there are good ones from Suriname like Super Car Rental) do not have the friendly touch that Arubans have.

Furthermore, on what happened with the flat tire, I would like to suggest the following:
    When renting a car, Reputable Car Rental Companies, will offer 24/7 road side service at no additional charge. So please make sure when renting a car to ask if this service is included.

Once again, as an Arubian, please accept our appology and we hope to see you soon.

Thank you so much for being so nice. After 22 years of coming to Aruba, my friend and I wre in shock in the way we were treated and spoken to. They actually had my friend crying when we left their office. We of course have never heard back from anyone from the car rental place ( not that I thought we would). I just hope that no one else uses them and gets treated the way we did!