Aruba Beach

View Poll Results: Which would you suggest?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrifty: $168.30

1 16.67%
  • Yes Car Rental $179

0 0%
  • Wheels 2 go: $180

1 16.67%
  • More 4 Less: $180

2 33.33%
  • Royal: $195

0 0%
  • Budget: $200

0 0%
  • Hertz: $246

0 0%
  • Top Drive: $275

0 0%
  • Tropic: Unknown pricing

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Searching for car rental for 8 days...Which is best

Searching for car rental for 8 days...Which is best

I have been trying to read all the threads with places to rent a car mentioned.

Here's what I have found from cheapest to most:

Thrifty: $168.30

Yes Car Rental $179

Wheels 2 go: $180

More 4 Less: $180

Royal: $195

Budget: 200.00

Hertz: $246

Top Drive: $275

Tropic: Can't find any information on pricing???

There's seems to be a wide range of pricing.

Are there any additional charges (other than taxes) that any of these places will charge (mileage, fees, and so on).

What's your personal preference?

Experiences? Good or bad.

Aruba since 1979
    tropic, if they have any vehicles available at this late date will be about $170 +/-

extra charges may include insurance, gas, tipping

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    tropic, if they have any vehicles available at this late date will be about $170 +/-

extra charges may include insurance, gas, tipping
    How do I find out the price? Am I missing the pricing on their site? Or do I just have to email them? (Hopefully I have the right site).

It says $160 for 5 day rental (special) on the site. So, I'm going to need one for 8/9 days. I would think it would be more?

I believe that the rental companies collect tw taxes; the government tax and the sales/health tax.

We always use Wheels2go. Ricky and Anky do a great job. Never heard anything negative about Tropic.
    Last edited by schexc; 07-09-2017 at 04:04 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    EmAil tropic. Although
    i would be shocked if he had availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    How do I find out the price? Am I missing the pricing on their site? Or do I just have to email them? (Hopefully I have the right site).

It says $160 for 5 day rental (special) on the site. So, I'm going to need one for 8/9 days. I would think it would be more?

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    The issue I had with Tropic is the advertised special for 5 days is rarely available because you can't book it very far in advance. Here is the reply I received when trying to rent in advance:

Thank you very much for your request but regret that I have to inform you that we donít take reservations for 5 day rental this far in advance, it can block long term rentals, 2 wks before the starting date YES we do, canít guarantee availability.

Best regards,
    Hans Dhooge
    Manager director

I understand the weekly rentals are better for his business, but I don't like that "special offer" and its a turn off to me.

I voted for Thrifty because we had a good experience renting a Jeep for a day from them and their price is reasonable.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Ricky and Anky at Wheels2Go gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The issue I had with Tropic is the advertised special for 5 days is rarely available because you can't book it very far in advance. Here is the reply I received when trying to rent in advance:

Thank you very much for your request but regret that I have to inform you that we don’t take reservations for 5 day rental this far in advance, it can block long term rentals, 2 wks before the starting date YES we do, can’t guarantee availability.

Best regards,
    Hans Dhooge
    Manager director

I understand the weekly rentals are better for his business, but I don't like that "special offer" and its a turn off to me.
    We book with Wheels2go many months in advance without an issue. As soon as we have our airfare booked we reserve a car. We'd hate to be two weeks out in high season looking for a rental car of choice or one at all.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I've only used Royal and have never had any major issues.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast