Aruba Beach

View Poll Results: Which would you suggest?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrifty: $168.30

1 16.67%
  • Yes Car Rental $179

0 0%
  • Wheels 2 go: $180

1 16.67%
  • More 4 Less: $180

2 33.33%
  • Royal: $195

0 0%
  • Budget: $200

0 0%
  • Hertz: $246

0 0%
  • Top Drive: $275

0 0%
  • Tropic: Unknown pricing

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Searching for car rental for 8 days...Which is best

Do all these places have pick up at the airport?

Is there a possibility of not being able to get a car this late out? Even at a big company like Thrifty? (We leave in 3 weeks)

I just checked my emails and Tropic states they are booked up and suggest that I contact Wheels 2 Go.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Do all these places have pick up at the airport?

Is there a possibility of not being able to get a car this late out? Even at a big company like Thrifty? (We leave in 3 weeks)
    Go on to Expedia and it'll show you the availability from all the major rental companies.

I received emails back from

YES: You have 8 day's on the rental our rate $217.87 include all taxes & fees we also deliver the car to you

and also

WHEELS 2 GO: We will meet at the airport or deliver the car to your hotel. Included in the rental price are third party liability insurance and also a cell phone for the rental time. This is a Digicel phone for local and international use (you buy your minutes when needed). Just ask us for a phone when we are delivering the car. $221.50

So, can someone tell me about this cell phone? What can you do with it? Is it only a phone that you make calls on or a smart phone with gps and internet? Anyone had one of these?

Aruba since 1979
    i am guessing it is a basic UNsmart cell phone.

If you are looking for smartphone info and adding a sim card to your own phone, there are tons of threads.
    in the search bar enter Sim Cards or iPhones or phones

Wheels2Go has an awesome reputation.

YES: You have 8 day's on the rental our rate $217.87 include all taxes & fees we also deliver the car to you

and also

WHEELS 2 GO: We will meet at the airport or deliver the car to your hotel. Included in the rental price are third party liability insurance and also a cell phone for the rental time. This is a Digicel phone for local and international use (you buy your minutes when needed). Just ask us for a phone when we are delivering the car. $221.50

So, can someone tell me about this cell phone? What can you do with it? Is it only a phone that you make calls on or a smart phone with gps and internet? Anyone had one of these?

and also

Like Andrea said. It came in handy one time for us when we had a flat tire. Ricky came and changed it for us in no time. Great service!
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We've rented from Tropic, More4Less, Royal, Wheels2Go, Budget and Avis. All have had good cars and service. My advice is to reserve the car you are most comfortable with price-wise. I usually take the best price for the number of days we're on the island.

Hubby always books through Royal. They give a discount for cash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12