Aruba Beach

Thread: Second Time Visit - Rental Car?

Second Time Visit - Rental Car?

Hi All! I have booked a trip between March 23 and the 29th this year. This will be my wife's and I second time (first trip was our honeymoon). This time we are bringing along our 2 kids (two girls, ages 3 and 6). We didnt want to break the bank so we got an amazing deal at the Holiday Inn SunSpree (all inclusive). Anyway, the reason for the post. I have read through a bunch of threads regarding rental cars. I have already decided that I indeed want to get one. Reason being is the cost of the trips to and from the airport, plus the convinence of being able to go baby beach every day if we want to is enough to win me over. With that said, I have noticed a couple of websites that were mentioned on here and choosing the right rental shop is making me extremely nervous. I want to get a reasonable rate, but also I want to be sure that when I arrive at the airport my car will be there. Can folks provide me with their best experiences and real experiences, not just I "heard". Thank you so much!!

Our experiences in Aruba have for many years been that cheapest is not always best and you will be getting what you are paying for.

We have used Amigo Car Rental http://www.amigocar.com/on a couple of occassions always with excellent results.

THANKS!

Their rates look great. I am going to get one of those Kias.

Would you suggest calling to make a reservation or is doing it over the website ok?

Also, any issues with having the car available at the airport? It appears they have a 10% charge, which is about the cost of a cab to the rental car place, but I would rather spend the 10% and have the convenience of the car right there at the airport.

We reserved our van over Christmas via internet without any issues at all. They are also very quick to respond to emails should you have any questions.

Pickup at the airport is personal preference. Otherwise they will deliver the vehicle to your resort. You just have to ride back to their office with them to do the paperwork.

I just called and they only have full size models available. Any other outfits you like to deal with?