Aruba Beach

Thread: Staying in Savaneta, what's parking like visiting Oranjestad?

Staying in Savaneta, what's parking like visiting Oranjestad?

Hey All!

I'm doing details for my trip (in May, I know a little early) and I'm going to be staying at an airbnb in Savaneta (near Zeerover's and Flying Fishbone?) with a Jeep. It's our first time visiting, and we wanted to stay away from the crowds and populated places.

Having never been there, is visiting Oranjestad for a meal or two or just to walk around going to be difficult to find parking and drive around? I'm debating if I want to have places to go there, or avoid it entirely.

I'm going to snoop around the forums, but any food recommendations would be great as well! Going to spend a pricey dinner at Wilhelmina and Madame Janette's as the plan, so anything on the lower end of the budget to fill out the rest of the time would be great!

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    parking is pretty easy downtown, especially after 5 or 6 pm. (free after 7 pm)
    a good pace to park is the seaport marina parking lot.
    there is a charge for parking (they are saying that possibly parking fees will be eliminated in the near future)
    www.aruparking.com

many tend to avoid the downtown when there are cruise ships in port as there is much congestion. http://www.arubaports.com/main/cruiseship-schedules/
    you will have some good restaurant choices;
    Hung Paradise at the Seaport Marketplace (reasonable pricing)
    Cuba's Cookin also at the Seaport Marketplace (moderately priced)

visit the culinary section!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-25-2018 at 05:16 PM.