Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: street names

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

street names

we were looking at a map (our first time to aruba soon), and we noticed after alot of names for roads is "Weg". Does weg mean street or blvd or something? I tried looking it up but you know on google you get everything but what you're looking for. We're just curious. I'm sure someone Dutch can tell us. For instance, a road near where we are staying is called "Malmok Weg". Familiar to anyone????

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Weg means road, street or way

Carsten

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thank you, i thought so. its just i've seen blvd and street after some names so that's why I figured is Weg a highway or what. thanks again

Straat also means street and you will see that as well

Weg means road & straat means street.

has anyone ever heard of wacamaya village? its suppose to be by the tierra golf? its somewhere by malmok weg? they are condos and that is where we are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    has anyone ever heard of wacamaya village? its suppose to be by the tierra golf? its somewhere by malmok weg? they are condos and that is where we are staying.
    Yes - if you are coming from the golf course heading toward Noord on 2A, you travel for probably about a mile or less and it's on the right hand side of the road. It's a small condo complex - so watch for the sign - not that noticeable unless you're looking for it.

thank you, my husband tried to find it on google earth and forget it. we were just wondering coming from the airport as we rented a car. But that's a good start. Is 2A a section on the map or is it a highway or road?

2A is a road that takes you through Noord. I believe that whole section from the golf course to at least the interesection with the police station and Sta. Anna church is also Malmok Weg.

thanks, i will give my hubby the info and he can play around with the google earth and maps. that's his thing, lol. this is our first time to aruba and our first time renting from this person though they are from NJ like us. And he is a realtor who my friend said is in good standing (she's a realtor, too). and he's great with emails. but he doesn't give the address till two weeks before you go (we leave dec 1st). I can understand that, though, since he doesn't know us and what if we tell someone his unit number, no one's there and they rob the place. but at least my husband will know the place exists, lol...

thanks again for all the VERY helpful info. As always, this place rocks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast