Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Super Car Rental (carrentalaruba.com)

Super Car Rental (carrentalaruba.com)

Dear people, can you please share thoughts re: renting large SUV from Super car Rental ( http://www.carrentalaruba.com/ )?
    We are a group of 5, with lots of luggage and we need a large SUV to use for airport pickup and for driving around later on.
    I guess that Jeep Wrangler is not big enough for that, and minivans/minibuses are not good for driving into the north area and are not enough fun so we found Super Car Rental company with Ford Expedition/Honda Pilot in stock.
    Price is $ 105/day including all taxes and fees - which is better then 4-door Wrangler prices on most of the other rental websites, right?
    But those large SUVs are bigger and more comfortable comparing to Wrangler, and still are capable of driving on the same roads as Wranglers, right?
    Looks too good to be true... Is there something wrong with large SUVs or something wrong with the company?
    Help please!
    Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i have no knowledge of this company.

Quote Originally Posted by VladVlad View Post
    Dear people, can you please share thoughts re: renting large SUV from Super car Rental ( http://www.carrentalaruba.com/ )?
    We are a group of 5, with lots of luggage and we need a large SUV to use for airport pickup and for driving around later on.
    I guess that Jeep Wrangler is not big enough for that, and minivans/minibuses are not good for driving into the north area and are not enough fun so we found Super Car Rental company with Ford Expedition/Honda Pilot in stock.
    Price is $ 105/day including all taxes and fees - which is better then 4-door Wrangler prices on most of the other rental websites, right?
    But those large SUVs are bigger and more comfortable comparing to Wrangler, and still are capable of driving on the same roads as Wranglers, right?
    Looks too good to be true... Is there something wrong with large SUVs or something wrong with the company?
    Help please!
    Thank you!

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

I'm not sure that either the Expedition or Pilot would be good for driving on the north side! I would suggest contacting the rental company first and see what they advise. Also depends on where you plan to go - neither would be appropriate for the natural pool of course.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thank you! We are not going to do any serious off-road driving - no natural pool etc. Some driving around the island, to Baby Beach and some distant restaurants
    We just need a car big enough for our party and we need reputable rental company. So I guess the most important question has to be - is that company good or not, since they are the only ones who has big SUVs at nice price?

Aruba since 1979
    you can check with Jays Car Rental, Optima and More4Less.

Quote Originally Posted by VladVlad View Post
    Thank you! We are not going to do any serious off-road driving - no natural pool etc. Some driving around the island, to Baby Beach and some distant restaurants
    We just need a car big enough for our party and we need reputable rental company. So I guess the most important question has to be - is that company good or not, since they are the only ones who has big SUVs at nice price?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you can check with Jays Car Rental, Optima and More4Less.
    I did... Went thru every rental company's website, seems like no one has large SUVs except Super Car Rental.

I have rented from Super Car rental in the past. They are good but they have older, beat up cars and SUV's. Before you rent, get the model year and the number of Km on the car. And also remember that all SUV's are not 4 wheel drive and he has Jeeps and SUV's that are only rear wheel drive and they are not good for the rough side. Be very specific with them and let them know from the start that you only want an SUV with 4x4 with a working air conditioner.
    Last edited by Retagger; 05-23-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I have rented from Super Car rental in the past. They are good but they have older, beat up cars and SUV's. Before you rent, get the model year and the number of Km on the car. And also remember that all SUV's are not 4 wheel drive and he has Jeeps and SUV's that are only rear wheel drive and they are not good for the rough side. Be very specific with them and let them know from the start that you only want an SUV with 4x4 with a working air conditioner.
    Thank you!
    Really important details. I did not even think about possibility of having 2 wheel drive car without working air conditioner... we are too spoiled I guess
    Sent a message to the company asking all those questions.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by VladVlad; 05-23-2016 at 02:25 PM.

I don't have any experience with Super Car rental. I've rented from Royal for years with no issues.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I don't have any experience with Super Car rental. I've rented from Royal for years with no issues.
    I've checked Royal, unfortunately they don't have large SUVs. Did rent a minivan from them for one of the days, but we need something less boring to drive as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast