The taxi dispatch office, which can also arrange taxi tours, is located at Pos Abou z/n in Oranjestad, behind the Eagle Bowling Palace on the Sasaki road. Most taxi drivers have participated in the government's Tourism Awareness Program. Taxis do not have meters; rates are fixed and should be checked in advance.
Click here detailed taxi fare rates in Aruba.
CONDITIONS ON TAXI TARIFFS
Effective 1st of September 2009 and valid for three (3) years.
I. All rates must be in Aruban florins (Afl.) as well as in US dollars ( US$); Exchange rate Afls 1.80 to US$1.00.
2. Minimum fare is Afl. 10,00 / US$6.00. This price list is in US Dollars (US$).
3. Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity passengers of five passengers per taxi.
4. Sundays, official holidays and on regular days starting from 11:00 pm till 7:00 am there will be a surcharge of Afl. 5,40 /US$3.00 to the regular fares.
5. Each passenger from and to the Airport is allowed one piece of luggage and a back/hand pack-bag. For each piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece. Attaché cases, laptop cases, carry on''s and any type of equipment / aid that is necessary for the passenger's mobilization can not be charged for.
6. Use of car trunk, not going to or coming from the Airport will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$ 2.00, except when luggage is transported between hotels. In this case the charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece of luggage is valid.
7. Waiting time is Afl. 5,40 / US$3.00 per 5 minutes.
8. In case of damage due to wet clothing, sharp objects or otherwise to the cars interior, there will be an additional damage charge of Afl. 90,00 / US$50.00 per incident.
9. Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Afl. 81,00 / US$45.00 per hour.
10. The driver - within reason - is not responsible for lost items in his/her car. Found objects will be reported and turned over to the Department of Public Transportation or the nearest police station.
11. The driver is not allowed to ask other fares than these approved by the Government.
12. The driver is not allowed to transport more than five (5) passengers in a taxi. A minor under the age of two (2) years is not considered as a passenger.
13. If a passenger being the first one to ask to be transported to a location refuses, the driver is not allowed to take more persons into his taxi. If more passengers, not being part of the same group, are transported to the same destination, then the fare has to be divided within the group transported to the destination.
14. The tariffs must be placed in sight for the passengers in the taxi.