Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TAXI fares Aruba

TAXI fares Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I understand too what you are saying April, I am thrilled you have had excellent experiences with other taxi drivers.

Before we began using Bully in '06 and one year since when we were on the island while he was away on vacation, we had some REAL issues with taxi drivers overcharging us. If it was one or two times, we could just "chalk it up", but it was 8 out of 10 that I count off the top of my head. My parents had the same experience when on a cruise ship stop.
    To refresh everyone's memories, including mine, I dug up what I did not have the time to do last night. I forgot the math , it was 6 out of 8 drivers.
    April in Aruba has already discussed this exact issue in 03-07-2010 in the thread at Bully..One of 90,000 friends I haven't met yet
    Obviously the subject of Bully is important to he or she.

Being truthful, is more important to me than volunteering as a moderator.
    The forum is about sharing information about Aruba.

If anyone should find fault with my being a moderator, I will gladly step down from a position to which I dedicate a good amount of time.

I am not disparaging the integrity and honesty of all Aruban taxi drivers. There are many other taxi drivers here who are discussed and reliable, of the top of my head, Cerry, Sonny Binns, Ivan, Harold, Hubert...

Now everyone on the forum has learned to always know the fare BEFORE stepping foot into the taxi.

Aruba since 1979

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    please, don't even think of stepping down!!!! I've been scammed twice by taxi drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    please, don't even think of stepping down!!!! I've been scammed twice by taxi drivers.
    Thank you Paul for your support. Andrea and I both appreciate it more than you know.

Aruba since 1979
    you betcha!!!

Let me second what Paul said. I'd be lost without you guys and this Forum. I don't understand what went on today?? It's like some people just like to stir the pot. That's why I only got on this Forum. Both of you promote kindness and courtesy, along with a wealth of information. Thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    . I don't understand what went on today?? It's like some people just like to stir the pot.
    What went onto today was a "whack job"
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I totally agree with Hockeymom. I love the agreement and disagreement the moderators and board members provide in this forum. Personally, it's more valuable to me to hear the good and the bad than just have moderators who "rubber-stamp" everything. We all have our favorites, whether it is a restaurant, hotel, car rental, or even a taxi driver and the value in this forum is being exposed to all opinions. I'm not sure how the taxi discussion reached the point it did today, but I would sure have appreciated Lisa's warnings if i were going to use a taxi. Thanks to both Lisa and Andrea for their hard work and for sharing their thoughts. I have been going to Aruba for many years but Ihave learned so much over the past 2 years on this BB.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Bravo to our dedicated moderators, without you guys this site wouldn't exsist. Do not step down, either of you,we NEED you as moderators and friends.

Aruba since 1979
    HEY you are ALL off topic
    do you folks need to be reprimanded?!?!

moving forward..........are we talking about taxi fares?!?!

lisa and i appreciate your good words.
    personally i would rather have you send me a candy bar or a ring ding

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast