Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TAXI fares Aruba

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    oooppps....
    OK my opinion on the rates, its great to have. Print and take with you as it gives you point A to B.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    I have learned alot from the message board on all topics but one thing i have really learned is that no matter how many times i've been to aruba(25th coming up) everytime i get into a taxi i ask how much the ride is even if i've done it before..and guess what i've gotten different rates from different drivers for the same ride to the same destination..and not because it was a sunday or holiday..just like in any other profession you have honest people and dishonest people and you hope you get the former..if i feel a price isn't right i say something about how i did the ride the day before and the price was different..you always have the option of taking another taxi..for the most part i have met alot of really nice taxi drivers who have bestowed alot of great information about the island to me..to me the nicer the taxi driver the better the tip...
    scott and tricia

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no need to worry
    there are a few other hundred other drivers wanting your business!

when leaving the airport, step outside to the left ad there they'll be!
    Just know what the fare is supposed to be between the airport and your resort.

Agree with the driver BEFORE you get into the taxi what the fare will be.

If he does not want to tell you, or is vague, ask to see the taxi fare sheet he is required by law to carry.

If there is an issue, there are always other taxis in line.

tks you all,
    I will print the taxi fare sheet and take with me. Do they charge an extra for bags or 3 people in the car?

Aruba since 1979
    yes there is a surcharge for extra bags.
    5 passengers is the limit.

let me find the surcharge list i had thought it was on the pdf taxi fares

Aruba since 1979

conditions on taxi fares

The taxi dispatch office, which can also arrange taxi tours, is located at Pos Abou z/n in Oranjestad, behind the Eagle Bowling Palace on the Sasaki road. Most taxi drivers have participated in the government's Tourism Awareness Program. Taxis do not have meters; rates are fixed and should be checked in advance.

Click here detailed taxi fare rates in Aruba (230KB PDF).

CONDITIONS ON TAXI TARIFFS

Effective 1st of September 2009 and valid for three (3) years.

I. All rates must be in Aruban florins (Afl.) as well as in US dollars (US$); Exchange rate Afls 1.80 to US$1.00.

2. Minimum fare is Afl. 10,00 / US$6.00. This price list is in US Dollars (US$).

3. Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity passengers of five passengers per taxi.

4. Sundays, official holidays and on regular days starting from 11:00 pm till 7:00 am there will be a surcharge of Afl. 5,40 /US$3.00 to the regular fares.

5. Each passenger from and to the Airport is allowed one piece of luggage and a back/hand pack-bag. For each piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece. Attaché cases, laptop cases, carry on''s and any type of equipment / aid that is necessary for the passenger's mobilization can not be charged for.

6. Use of car trunk, not going to or coming from the Airport will be an additional charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$ 2.00, except when luggage is transported between hotels. In this case the charge of Afl. 3,60 / US$2.00 per piece of luggage is valid.

7. Waiting time is Afl. 5,40 / US$3.00 per 5 minutes.

8. In case of damage due to wet clothing, sharp objects or otherwise to the cars interior, there will be an additional damage charge of Afl. 90,00 / US$50.00 per incident.

9. Taxis can be hired at an hourly rate of Afl. 81,00 / US$45.00 per hour.

10. The driver - within reason - is not responsible for lost items in his/her car. Found objects will be reported and turned over to the Department of Public Transportation or the nearest police station.

11. The driver is not allowed to ask other fares than these approved by the Government.

12. The driver is not allowed to transport more than five (5) passengers in a taxi. A minor under the age of two (2) years is not considered as a passenger.

13. If a passenger being the first one to ask to be transported to a location refuses, the driver is not allowed to take more persons into his taxi. If more passengers, not being part of the same group, are transported to the same destination, then the fare has to be divided within the group transported to the destination.

14. The tariffs must be placed in sight for the passengers in the taxi.QUOTE=Andrea J.;218875]yes there is a surcharge for extra bags.
    5 passengers is the limit.

let me find the surcharge list i had thought it was on the pdf taxi fares[/QUOTE]

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.

Tips for Taxis

Hi All,

What does everyone think is a fair tip for the drivers? I've never taken one in the islands, so I'm unsure as to what is fair.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    i would think approx 20% might be the norm.

tip more if there is excessive luggage and or if the service exceeded your expectations.

if the fare is $25, then i really think $5 or more would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedbaby00 View Post
    Hi All,

What does everyone think is a fair tip for the drivers? I've never taken one in the islands, so I'm unsure as to what is fair.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    bump
    always good to have taxi fares readily available

.... and it is always good if you can take the license plate number before or after you use the taxi, you never know when you will leave something behind in the taxi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast