Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By gaby

Thread: Taxi Information

Taxi Information

We are planning to stay at the Tamarijn summer of 2013. While booking reservations they offer round trip shuttle service from the air port for $125. I have read that the taxi's are cheaper and just as quick. What would be the fare from the airport to the Tamarijn? I cannot figure out where it is on the fare maps/guides, i.e. high rise, low rise, etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jen

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf

per the chart $22 one way per taxi
    yes indeed less expensive

the tamarijn is in the lo rise

see above link

welcome to the forumQUOTE=powelljl;237836]We are planning to stay at the Tamarijn summer of 2013. While booking reservations they offer round trip shuttle service from the air port for $125. I have read that the taxi's are cheaper and just as quick. What would be the fare from the airport to the Tamarijn? I cannot figure out where it is on the fare maps/guides, i.e. high rise, low rise, etc... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jen[/QUOTE]

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    call bully!!!

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Taxi's are always faster, and in this case cheaper, to the hotels, nothing like checking in and watching 20 people get off the DePalm bus and wait on line for the front desk.

We always use the Depalm shuttle and are happy enough with it. The cost is comparable to a taxi at $40 round trip for 2. We stay at the Divi and it's generally the second stop with the Tamarinj being the first. Occasionally they will stop first at the Rennaisance. So we're at the resort 20 minutes after we leave the airport. We've never experienced a line at check in because we generally arrive on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm sure it would be a different scenario if we arrived on a Saturday. That said if we were staying in the high rise, I would probably go with a taxi but for the low rise area the shuttle is fine.

We always use Depalm. $20.00 round trip.

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome to the forum!!

Which company negotiates?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle2227 View Post
    We always rented a car when we want. You can negotiate a rate on a small compact car for around $20 a day if you book it for a whole week. Can't beat it! Got a Hyundai Getz last time we were there nice car. Highly recommend a car to be able to explore the entire island. Busses only go so far down the island.