Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Taxi preferences

Hi Traceyd14, I did like your question, maybe some day you will be in mine van and we will talk taxi. Happy holidays to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    Hi Traceyd14, I did like your question, maybe some day you will be in mine van and we will talk taxi. Happy holidays to all of you.
    With all of these wonderful experiences, we definitely will have to contact you for our next trip!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We haven't been fortunate enough to book Bully but he certainly is a celebrity of sorts! Hopefully he'll have availability the next time we are in Aruba. We tend to use taxis quite a bit because neither of us want to drive. Our experiences have been 99% positive. Only once did we have questionable pricing by a driver. We gave him the benefit of the doubt because the next day was a holiday.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I wait for Bully's huge hug and welcome back as well as his huge smile! It is the best way to start my vacation in Aruba! On the way back to the airport at the end of my vacation I love how he keeps me busy chatting so I don't get all teary eyed and look silly Bully is the Best!!!!!

Bully and Hubert are always on time and both have big hugs and huge smiles whenever they see my husband and I. They are the friendliest people and are extremely honest. We always tip big for their services, because they are well worth it. We once got Bully's brother who was just as reliable, but a little quieter. Maybe because he had never met us before. Trust these people, they're the best.

I tried to arrange to have Bully and Hubert pick us up at the airport but they were both booked at my arrival time and date. Hubert diligently followed up but we completely missed each other. We took a taxi line driver to the Marriott Resort and got there safely but no connection made. We lucked up on our 3rd foray out and got a taxi driver that we made a great connection with. Amedee Lacle is a lady that is full of personality and went out of her way to be helpful. After our first ride with her, we decided to work with her exclusively for the rest of our stay. We hired her to give us a private tour of the island that was probably the best money we spent the entire time. She enhanced our stay and experience. I am already giving her information to several friends that will be going in the next couple of months.

Bully waiting for us with a sign outside the airport was our first picture of our last trip. Wonderful guy, no need to risk using anyone else IMO.

We use Bully and Herbert every time as long as we book far in advance... It is so nice to reconnect with my old friend love to hear what he has been up too. when we go back to aruba.... Just a matter of preference I guess...

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We met Hubert last year when Kat from Morningstar Charter arranged for him to transport 8 of us to and from her sailboat.........he was a keeper from 1st sight.......HUGE personality...laid back ....accommodating ........on time....friendly and instantly felt like someone we have know for a long time.

He met us at the airport with HUGE smile and hug took us to our 1 night at Palm Beach Hotel and picked us up next day on time to drop us off at Ling's before he headed onto airport to pick up another couple.....came back to Ling's at his suggested time to pick us back up and drove us to the Ren.

This is the first year in 15 that we have decided to use taxi services and cannot imagine using anyone else but Hubert......unless of course it is someone he recommends due to his being unavailable.

Most Taxi and Bus drivers are pretty cool, if you find one you like I think it is great! We have had a few good and a couple bad taxi drivers. One in particular was driving so fast from the California light house to our hotel, she was on the phone/radio talking and not paying attention, almost hitting another taxi with us yelling at her to slow down, my gf finally leaned over the back seat with tears in her eyes and begged her to either slow down or pull over. she slowed and we got out at the first hotel she came to .. lol, i can laugh now, but it was scary... none like that since though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast