Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Taxi preferences

Aruba since 1979
    welcome tooldogg........

your wife must have been so surprised

bully is an awesome guy.
    imo he is the aruba goodwill ambassador!

paul and i love bully and his family.
    the funny thing..........in all of our trips to aruba .........i think we have only ridden with him once (we usually rent a car)

Quote Originally Posted by tooldogg View Post
    We used bully on our first trip to aruba. He was great. I didn't tell my wife about him so she was very surprised when we met bully holding a sign with our name on it. He stopped at a store so we could get beer and was very pleasant. We will use him again and recommend him to our friends. Thanks bully

We did have Bully pick us up for the first time this year. I will say he is reliable. He was sick and probably should have been at home resting but he was there with a smile to pick us up. It was nice having someone there with a sign with our name ready to welcome us. We are likely to resrve with him in the future. I wo u kd really like to have a chance to talk with him when he is feeling better.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

We took a taxi ten times (five times out for dinner) on our most recent trip (November 9th - 23rd, 2014) and never had an issue (in fact, in our nine trips, we've never had an issue with taxi drivers)... I looked up the rate card before each trip and just confirmed with the dispatch and the driver beforehand.

We've always used TAS just because it's the first one on the list at this website! No issues.

We also rent a car so don't use taxi transport to/from the airport. It's easier for running errands, getting groceries and moving around the island. We'd probably use taxis if we were staying at resorts though.

My husband and I will be traveling to Aruba and would like to get Bully's contact information. Could someone help me out with this? Thanks. Is there a phone number also?
    Last edited by JPKeel; 01-01-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

the reply will be from Amador Lacle'
    (bullys real name)

welcome to the forum JPK

Quote Originally Posted by JPKeel View Post
    My husband and I will be traveling to Aruba and would like to get Bully's contact information. Could someone help me out with this? Thanks.

We would love to hear from travelers on what they spent on taxi fares for the week, as compared to getting a rental car. We paid $175 a week with Tropic the past 5 years. We probably would have never been to Saveneta or many of the places have we not had a car. Its so convenient to pick up groceries or booze when we are coming back from somewhere. A quick bite at Scott's Brats in the AM or a drink at the Bunker Bar pm. Sunset at Pinchos the California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, ect. Who is calling these taxis for you at a place like Baby Beach? We also noticed on a cloudy or rainy day since Aruba is an island that as we drive to another part it is sunny. Aruba has a beautiful desert and some really private beaches. We have driven aimlessly and found some really cool places. We still think Essoville has the coldest beer & Young Fellows for music is such a local treat. Charlies Bar for a cold one and maybe Moomba & Bugaloos for a drink and a dip off the pier. Don't even think about getting in a cab or bus with a wet bathing suit! I wonder what it cost to go to Zeerovers in a taxi? This is just our opinion, but we would love to do a comparison. Thanks so much,
    Sean and Susan

Over a 10 day trip we spent about $70 on taxis and $30 (plus tip) for the DePalms bus transfers round trip. I have mentioned renting a car for a few days next trip but husband doesn't want to drive with me As for wet bathing suits that's a big no no. The day we went out on Black Pearl we made absolutely sure we were dry before grabbing a taxi. The driver saw we had beach gear and asked if we were wet. I assured her we were not and it had been a few hours since we had been in the water. She gave us a stern warning that if we were wet there would be a $50 fee. When we got to our destination and exited the taxi I saw her reach over and feel the back seat!!

Pegmeister, why wont your husband drive with you? Thats so funny.
    Sean and Susan

Makes no sense to me. I drive him into Boston all the time because he doesn't like driving in town. What's worse then driving downtown Boston, not Aruba that's for sure.

Yay! Thanks to this thread reminding me about all the good things I've heard/read about Bully. I emailed yesterday, and he is available to pick us up and take us back to the airport in April.

After years of doing both car rentals and just using cabs, we haven't decided what we'll do this year. Staying in the high rise area affords us the ability to walk to restaurants, shops, beaches, other hotels, Scott's Brats, but there are those to which we will need a cab. We do like to drive around the island, so we may rent a car for a day or two.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast