Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Taxi preferences

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We would love to hear from travelers on what they spent on taxi fares for the week, as compared to getting a rental car. We paid $175 a week with Tropic the past 5 years. We probably would have never been to Saveneta or many of the places have we not had a car. Its so convenient to pick up groceries or booze when we are coming back from somewhere. A quick bite at Scott's Brats in the AM or a drink at the Bunker Bar pm. Sunset at Pinchos the California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, ect. Who is calling these taxis for you at a place like Baby Beach? We also noticed on a cloudy or rainy day since Aruba is an island that as we drive to another part it is sunny. Aruba has a beautiful desert and some really private beaches. We have driven aimlessly and found some really cool places. We still think Essoville has the coldest beer & Young Fellows for music is such a local treat. Charlies Bar for a cold one and maybe Moomba & Bugaloos for a drink and a dip off the pier. Don't even think about getting in a cab or bus with a wet bathing suit! I wonder what it cost to go to Zeerovers in a taxi? This is just our opinion, but we would love to do a comparison. Thanks so much,
    Sean and Susan
    We've easily spent over $100 per week on cabs BUT we're not staying in the resort areas so dinner out involves a taxi on most nights. The rates are posted here:

http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf

I budget about $125-150 for taxis. We like to have drinks (w/alcohol) in the afternoons, so even if we rented a car we would still have to rely on cabs for any dinners that are not in walking distance. That means we would have the rental car charge and taxis, so for us its not the economical decision. We are considering renting a car for a few days during our next trip for a day trip to Baby Beach and to try a few restaurants that are pricey taxi rides. We would most likely try to plan this around one of our airport trips.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    for those of you that do not drink and drive....KUDOS

how often have we read on this forum, other forums and facebook from folks..............."we went off to have cocktails with friends and then drove to such and such for dinner and had a nice bottle of wine and then after dinner drinks and then went back to our hotel"....... they never mention taking a taxi or a bus and they always preface their trip report by telling us where they rented their car.
    it is quite puzzling indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I budget about $125-150 for taxis. We like to have drinks (w/alcohol) in the afternoons, so even if we rented a car we would still have to rely on cabs for any dinners that are not in walking distance. That means we would have the rental car charge and taxis, so for us its not the economical decision. We are considering renting a car for a few days during our next trip for a day trip to Baby Beach and to try a few restaurants that are pricey taxi rides. We would most likely try to plan this around one of our airport trips.

I also love seeing Bully when we exit the airport just feels like home again... He is a breath of fresh air... we always book him to and from airport..(sometimes Herbert is there thats fine too)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Does anyone know where can I find the MOST recent taxi fare sheet are how often are the rates updated? We are traveling to Aruba in April 2015. Is there a app with these fare for the iphone too?

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    click above link

i do not know how often the fares are updated, but this is the most current.

QUOTE=JPKeel;268351]Does anyone know where can I find the MOST recent taxi fare sheet are how often are the rates updated? We are traveling to Aruba in April 2015. Is there a app with these fare for the iphone too?[/QUOTE]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456