Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxi service from airport...

Sharon

Taxi service from airport...

Could someone please tell me what the typical taxi fare from the airport to Marriott Ocean Club should be. I have contacted one service that is quoting a price of $60.00 for 2 people for a private ride in an Explorer. Is a taxi a lot cheaper than that? We want a private car not a bus that stops at every other hotel on the way. Thanks for any help.

Char

Re: Taxi fare from airport

Sharon,
    there are lots of answers to this question on the boards......go to search and type in cab fares. I think you can also find the information on the vistaaruba.com website with regard to fares.

Have a great trip!

annette

We just came back and took a taxi to the Marriott Stellaris and it was $20.00.
    There are plenty of taxis when you come out of the airport.

papa

taxi from airportm runs about $20

sue

taxi $20 each way ( not including tip) higher on weekends. Taxi,, its easier. Takes 4 in a taxi

m

taxi's cheaper

Mike

Sharon,
    A taxi fare from the airport to the Marriott Ocean Club will cost about $20. Taxis are always available at the airport, and you dont have to ride with anybody except the other members of your party.

Enjoy your trip.
    Mike

charles

Sharon,
    There are various options.

The taxi fare from the airport to the Marriott is $20 regardless of how many persons are in the car (sorry - up to 5 persons). In essence, if only your family go in the taxi (which is common) the ride to the Marriott will be without stops and cost you $20.

Should you want to take a bus transfer, then you will have to book in advance with De Palm tours and cont on continuous stops and it will take longer. The good thing aout the bus transfer is meeting the other folks with you. That said, the Marriott is the last stop on the line - draw your own conclusions.

A LIMO is commonly used for hgher profile transfers (celebs etc.) and you have to weigh the cost against the benefit, again it is your call. Calculate about $40 for the ride.

Private cars (including security) are available and are commonly used for very high profile celbs and political persons. Total for such a service depends entirely on the add-on features you ask for. This can range from special area pick up and bagage handling to trailing security cars on down to champagne in the vehicle. Worth it to go to the Marriott? I would not pay the price unless it was absolutely needed.

My advise: take a cab and have the privacy of your own driver to the Marriott (without stops) and count yourself lucky when you get there before the maddening crowd.

TIP OF THE DAY: It makes a huge difference on how quickly you get your luggage out and to the taxi in relation to how fast your arrive. Traffic tends to bog down around flight arrival times and the faster you get in a taxi and say the magic words "Marriott please" the faster you get to your destination. Should you have a cell phone reserved with us, we would make sure that the procedure takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Be well and thank you for your private e-mail on this issue. I hope that this answer serves to guide you in the right direction.

charles
    arubafastpones.com

Parker

Four of us a cab ride to Palm Beach where all the hotels are, with all our luggage, and it was only $20. Cabs were really cheap there I thought.

HTH....Parker in Louisiana

vicki

We are staying at the Marriott in May. Other posters have told me the taxi fare with tip included should be around $20 - $25

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast