Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxi service from airport...

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I'm here now. No problems with taxi's at the airport. Enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I'm here now. No problems with taxi's at the airport. Enjoy your trip.
    Liz,have a great vacation.

We were there last Friday the 4th around 4PM and there was a slight issue with cabs. Had about 50 people on the curb not sure whether they should form a line or jump out there. Turned into a free for all. There was a local guy aggressively flagging down cabs for people and making a few bucks. Took us about 20 -30 minutes to get one.

I have used the cabs from the airport a lot and we have never had a problem, but I will say sometimes are easier than others. When there are a bunch of people there it begins to get a bit unruly.

If the people would take a breath, it would be a much happier situation!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freon View Post
    We were there last Friday the 4th around 4PM and there was a slight issue with cabs. Had about 50 people on the curb not sure whether they should form a line or jump out there. Turned into a free for all. There was a local guy aggressively flagging down cabs for people and making a few bucks. Took us about 20 -30 minutes to get one.
    I was there the same afternoon and had the same issue. Never encountered that there before.

Taxi fares

The Taxi fare from the Airport to the Marriott or any hotel in the same area can vary depending on the amount of people and luggage.
    Every passenger can have one piece of luggage free of charge, but then for every additional piece of luggage there will be a charge of $2 per every additional pc of luggage.
    The basic fare is $20 and depending on the amount of additional luggage.
    On sundays , official holidays and after midnight there will be an additional $3 charge.
    All Taxis in Aruba are privatelly owned, they don't work for a company but for themselves.
    Taxis are lined up right in front of the Airport, only a few meters from the Arrivals Hall Exit.
    Caution: There are a few transfer companies that may ask you if you would like a Private Taxi service ( take note that all Taxis in Aruba are private) and charge you a lot of money ( you don't see it because it's in the package).
    They are actually doing bussiness with something they actually DO NOT own.
    All they do is to contact a driver and arrange your pick up for you , and they charge you a substantial amount ( out of proportion) of which a very small amount goes to the driver and the rest they keep for themselves
    This is absolutelly unnecessarry and a waste of money.
    If for one reason or another you still would like to have a Taxi that is not in line to pick you up, then you can deal with the Taxi coop in Aruba directly or you can call the concierge desk of the hotel you are going to stay at and let them arrange that for you, but again there's actually no need for this since there are always Taxis lined up right in front of the arrivals hall and it will be only a 1/2 minute walk.
    You will be saving a LOT of money this way.
    Don't let any transfer company who owns busses tell you they own Taxis too, this is untrue.
    The fact of the matter is that lots of people (mostly regulars)
    don't like the hassle of having to wait in line to board the bus and then having to wait for this to be loaded so it can finally move and then having to make so many stops before being dropped off at their hotel.
    For this reason most people nowadays prefer to take a Taxi, it's easier, faster and a LOT cheaper than the transfer bus.
    Knowing this certain transfer companies offer you a Taxi service( which they do not own) through a travel agency so they don't loose bussiness.
    A tipical ride from the airport to your hotel would be around 20 to 25 min. depending on the traffic one way non stop.
    The Taxi drivers motto in Aruba is 5 star Hotels, 5 star guests and 5 star Taxis.
    The only 2 tipes of public transportation that are allowed to stand right in front of your hotel are 1/ Limousines and 2/ Taxis.
    Not every day there are Limousines standing outside , but Taxis do stand every day 24hrs to serve you .
    Last edited by Cyrilo Croes; 05-27-2008 at 10:12 PM.

I do know that they have started to raise prices!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    I do know that they have started to raise prices!!!
    But why is it not listed anywhere?

Who knows why things are the way they are! But I know what the price is from the airport to our destination, it is the same each time and it is going up.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast