Aruba Beach
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Taxi service from airport...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilo Croes View Post
    If you insist though that you do want a Taxi that is not in line to pick you up then it is one of the same Taxi's that ussually stand in line everyday that will go out of the way and stand somewhere else to accomodate you.
    It will cost you a lot more simply because the Taxi driver will have to go the Airport very early in case the flight comes in earlier than scheduled and he cannot take any fares because he's there waiting on you.
    When the flight finally arrives and if it's on time with no delays, it will be some time before the passengers get through Immigration and customs and are ready to exit the Airport and finally take their Taxi.
    Instead of you paying f.e. $25 , you might end up paying even 3 times that amount.
    It is a waste of money and totally unnecessary.
    I hope this answers you question
    Maybe I am confused , but the taxi driver we use, who like Cindy, meets us outside of Aruba Customs, does not charge us one penney extra.

Needless to say because we appreciate the personalized service we tip the driver for his having to wait for our flight. FWIW, we have been using taxi drivers to pick us up "inside" going back 6 or 7 years and have never been asked to pay a single extra cent.

"It will cost you a lot more simply because the Taxi driver will have to go the Airport very early"
    We have found this NOT to the case.

Maybe not in your case ,probably you people have develloped a personal friendship with this Taxi Driver in particular " THE TAXI DRIVER WE USE" ,and I'm very glad you don't have to pay any extra for this for after all it is his prerogative whether he want's to charge you for the waiting time or not, it does'nt mean though he does'nt have the right to do so if he wants to.
    I live here full time and know what I'm talking about.
    you can check for yourself in one of these same pages compliants about some drivers charging even up to $60 for a "private service".
    If someone does'nt want to take a Taxi in line and want a "private service" ( as a matter of fact all Taxis are private ) then it is logical to assume that it will cost more than the average fare, this is logics.
    practically all Taxi drivers on the Island have cell phones but we rather do not give our numbers for pick-ups at the Airport,at least NOT at the Airport ,can you imagine the chaos this would be if every and eachTaxi driver have their own "private" appointments to pick up people at the Airport?
    We do not do this out of respect that every and each Taxi driver has the right to earn a living and that's why there's a Taxi line and thank god MOST people( 99.9%) do prefer and respect this Taxi line.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Cyrilo Croes; 06-26-2008 at 10:32 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    How about we end this thread as it in turning into the theatre of the ubsurd.

$60 for two people from airport is high. We usually pay around $20 - maybe a little more. It is not a long ride from the airport to the Marriott.
    Enjoy your stay/

Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    We are staying at the Marriott in May. Other posters have told me the taxi fare with tip included should be around $20 - $25
    I second this notion.

Bryan Morris

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morris View Post
    I second this notion.

Bryan Morris
    Third, all in favor...

http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

http://taxiaruba.com/new/policy.html

"Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity of 5 passengers per taxi;
    Sundays, official holidays and after midnight there will be a surcharge of Awg. 5.40 / US$ 3.00 to the regular fares;
    Each passenger from and to the airport is allowed on piece of luggage. For each additional piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Awg. 3.60 / US$ 2.00 per piece; "

I'm glad you mentioned "some" drivers , I can guarantee you that most are very honest and hard working people.
    If you feel you are being overcharged what you should do is ask for a receipt and let the driver specify exactly what he's charging for and make sure his Taxi-license plate number is on the receipt.
    for compliments or complaints call 5824140,Dept of public transportation.
    Regards.
    Last edited by Cyrilo Croes; 05-29-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Third, all in favor...

http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

http://taxiaruba.com/new/policy.html

"Prices are based on distance with a maximum capacity of 5 passengers per taxi;
    Sundays, official holidays and after midnight there will be a surcharge of Awg. 5.40 / US$ 3.00 to the regular fares;
    Each passenger from and to the airport is allowed on piece of luggage. For each additional piece of luggage there will be an additional charge of Awg. 3.60 / US$ 2.00 per piece; "
    Arubalisa....you've done it again....you are the source of all things Aruba. This farelist is a "print and take to Aruba" table. Thanks!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

taxi fare from airport

hi CINDYO hi ARUBALISA i will be always there at the airport for you and every body that request for me. I thing that somebody does not know the meaning of the word REQUEST. regards your best friend in aruba BULLY

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by taxidriver View Post
    hi CINDYO hi ARUBALISA i will be always there at the airport for you and every body that request for me. I thing that somebody does not know the meaning of the word REQUEST. regards your best friend in aruba BULLY
    Bully....WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!

You forgot me, Rob O (cindyo's husband).

We appreciate the great service you provided us, especially on our departure day and look forward to our "pick-up" on April 10th! Just 317 days away!
    Last edited by rob o; 05-28-2008 at 07:42 AM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast