Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxi's

Taxi's

Do you think I am betting off arranging to have a taxi pick us up at the airport? It is my first time going to Aruba and I see that quite a few people on this forum arrange that in advance. I am going July 5th.

Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    quite honestly no

once you leave the arrival hall and get your luggage there will be a line up of taxis to take folks to their resorts.

not at all necessary to make prior arrangements

andrea

Aruba since 1979
    as an addendum

we do have a couple of the aruba taxi drivers that are members of this forum

taxidriver (bully)
    cyril croes (serry)

both very reputable and highly recommended

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friendlygal View Post
    Do you think I am betting off arranging to have a taxi pick us up at the airport? It is my first time going to Aruba and I see that quite a few people on this forum arrange that in advance. I am going July 5th.

Thanks!
    Most times I have picked up a rental car at the airport. For different reasons there have been a few few times I got the car the next day. There is always a line up of taxi's right in front of the airport. I never had to wait for a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    as an addendum

we do have a couple of the aruba taxi drivers that are members of this forum

taxidriver (bully)
    cyril croes (serry)

both very reputable and highly recommended
    I know Bully has a HUGE taxi/van that handles luggage easily.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by friendlygal View Post

Thanks!

Where you traveling from? I am also getting there on July 5th. Im going out of JFK, New York
    Decided to take down my timer!

I would recommend you do. Why not? You will have your driver in there helping you with your luggage. True there are plents of taxis but the airport can get crazy. Even with all the taxis there y9ou can still be waiting in line for a little while. I like to get there and get to my hotel. Plus once we met and started using someone we use that same person for everything while we are on the island. I have ridden in many taxis in my past 12 visits some people nice some not so nice. Why take the chance when you know someone to be extremely friendly and helpful. I rather give that person my patronage. We use Bully but there are a few favorites here that you will read about. I don't want to step on anyones feet.

Good luck

The reason I pre-arranged a taxi pick up for our first visit was because we wanted to stop at the store before heading to the hotel. (I understand now that other taxis would do this too)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [quote=arubamark;142328]I would recommend you do.
    We use Bully....

Ditto, we use Bully also, there are others out there that other forum members use, but I would personally like to recommend Bully.

In fact we just made our November 09 requests and April '10 for all of our needs...Bully got back to us immediately.....

Cindyo

You can order a limo service they will be waiting for you at the arrival terminal
    Assisit you with the luggages and no extra charge for luggages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast