Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: Taxi's and Buses questions! Going to Aruba this weekend!

Taxi's and Buses questions! Going to Aruba this weekend!

When I get to the airport will there be plenty of taxi's ready to go? Were flying in at 9:00 pm on sunday. Or should I call now and order a taxi or what?

Staying at the Marriott, isnt there a bus station right near there, and if so is there a drop off near the Lings or Superfoods? And do they let you take a few bags of grocerys on the bus.

Thanks!

Plenty of cabs. Not a problem.

Groceries on the bus, not a problem.

Dont know about bus stops.

I don't remember the stores being open that late.

Aruba since 1979
    yes they let you take a few bags of groceries on the bus!
    as andy says taxis at the airport will be plentiful.

will find you the arubus website and post it………here http://arubus.com/routes/

I get to the airport will there be plenty of taxi's ready to go? Were flying in at 9:00 pm on sunday. Or should I call now and order a taxi or what?

Staying at the Marriott, isnt there a bus station right near there, and if so is there a drop off near the Lings or Superfoods? And do they let you take a few bags of grocerys on the bus.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-23-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    There is a bus stop at the Marriott Resort but not at the Ocean or Surf Club. Super Foods is closer than Ling's. Bus fare is $2.30 each way. For Super Foods you would get off the bus at Amsterdam Manor. From there I would approximate it is a l/2 mile to the supermarket. Personally, since I am paying $$$ for vacation I would just take a cab each way @ $8.00 each way. It's way too hot to walk and you have to cross the busy Sasaki Hwy.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We have taken the bus to Ling's before. The bus lets you off across the highway, and then you walk a ways down the side road. We usually have too many groceries to go back on the bus, so we get a taxi back to the resort. Back in Feb. the taxi charged us $2.00 extra for the groceries. I always take those Divi bags that they give out at the airport to put the groceries in. It makes it easier to carry them to our condo at the resort.

Oh its only about $8 each way to the grocery store!? I was thinking it was more then that, thats not bad at all! Im not contemplating renting a car for maybe 2 days or so. As we have to go to the grocery store and i know will be eating at L G Smiths so might be worthwhile to rent a car some.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    There is a bus stop at the Marriott Resort but not at the Ocean or Surf Club. Super Foods is closer than Ling's. Bus fare is $2.30 each way. For Super Foods you would get off the bus at Amsterdam Manor. From there I would approximate it is a l/2 mile to the supermarket. Personally, since I am paying $$$ for vacation I would just take a cab each way @ $8.00 each way. It's way too hot to walk and you have to cross the busy Sasaki Hwy.

Actually there is a bus stop at the Marriott Surf Club. Go out of the building towards the parking lot. At the far right corner of the parking lot is a gate that opens right to the bus stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Actually there is a bus stop at the Marriott Surf Club. Go out of the building towards the parking lot. At the far right corner of the parking lot is a gate that opens right to the bus stop.
    Thanks for the update. The Surf Club stop they must of put in when they put in the new gate.