Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mmattalo

Thread: Touring the Island

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park

Touring the Island

My wife and I are making our 1st trip to Aruba this Sunday and one of the things we want to do is tour the island. Does anyone know of a really good tour operator that they could recommend??
    Thanks

I would look at private tours they are more affordable than you think and very personal. You can also customize the tour as you wish.

Private Tours

If you wanted to do a private jeep tour, ABC Jeep tours offers an affordable option, but you would need four people.

Another option for private jeep tours is Kini Kini. They are a small "mom and pop" operation. We customized an ATV tour with them and it was perfect.

The last option is to rent a 4 x 4 jeep and tour the island one day at your pace. Imo, a guided tour though is always best for first time visitors so at least you know what you are seeing.

Private Island Tours by Cerry

Going on an Island Tour with Bully

Bully or Cerry for Private Tour

Aruba since 1979
    Bully or Cerry for Private Tour
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

click above link for some private island tour chatter.

other places that do "group tours" would be DEPALM TOURS

When we first visited the island, we used ABC tours and they were excellent. Now that we consider oursleves "locals", we jump on ATVs from George's and give all our family and friends who are visiting our own guided tour of the island via the north coast . . . usually the route is:

- photo op at the lighthouse
    - stop at Alto Vista Chapel
    - stop at gold mine - take photos through the openings (like a window)
    - stop along the way at the many lagoons (the calm waters amongst the rough seas)
    - stop at (former) natural bridge
    - go to natural rock formation
    - go to natural pool - not for the faint of heart or bad ATV operator given the route we take
    - head through the natural park . . . stop at the new park centre
    - out the end of the park past the wind farm
    - go to Baby Beach if you have the time (a stretch given the day)
    - head to Charlies in San Nicholas for a beer . . . pay the guy a few Florin to feel like he is watching our ATVs
    - straight up LG Smith and stop in Savaneeta at Zeerover for an Amstel Bright and a fish fry . . . pick up fresh fish for dinner
    - straight up LG Smith through downtown (a long ride somewhat frightening at some points)
    - drop off the ATVs at Georges . . . jump in the pool or ocean to get rid of the all grit
    - have a swim, shower, nap . . . light the grill, enjoy the fish from Zeerover . . . open bottle of wine
    - relax and savour the day . . .

REPEAT!

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    Thanks everyone for the great info.!!! I've been in touch with Cerry and he has some availability the week we're there. I've booked with him, just waiting to hear back now. My wife and I cannot wait!! 4 more days!!!

Aruba since 1979
    safe and fun travels to you and your bride.
    enjoy your tour!
    please post a "my aruba story" when you return.

Quote Originally Posted by dq1974 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the great info.!!! I've been in touch with Cerry and he has some availability the week we're there. I've booked with him, just waiting to hear back now. My wife and I cannot wait!! 4 more days!!!