Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Transport to Hotel

imo, rent a car for 1 or 2 days, and see the island at your own pace, it's safe and you won't get lost, just stay out of the sand. Also from the Tam to downtown is $2.30 pp round trip, taxi from airport around $25.00 per taxi not per person.bullytaxi79@hotmail.com Highly recommend.

To see the national park you have plenty of options:
    • horseback
    • ATV
    • jeep tour
    • rental car on your own
    • bus tour
    • private taxi tour
    • hiking

Taxi/Shuttle ?

Hi.
    Quick Question......
    I am going to the travel agent Thursday to Book the Honeymoon for November !! Yeah So excited now that Jet Blue finally got there prices up for November !
    Anyways just wondering, Does the Raddison have a shuttle service from the airport or will I need to take a Taxi ? And If so about how much would I expect to pay in USD for the Taxi ride ? ( Tip... etc ??? )
    Thanks !!!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    None of the resorts on Aruba have a shuttle from the airport. Taxi fare to the Radisson is $25. If a Sunday or Aruban holiday there is a $3.00 per taxi surcharge. Taxi fares are per taxi, not per person. Maximum # of people in a taxi is 5 persons. Taxi's are lined up outside the airport.

Your travel agent may suggest using De Palm Tours, a transfer service from the airport. I would suggest taking a taxi. De Palm Tours charges $20 per person one way. At $25 for a taxi you would saving $15 each way as you would be paying $40 one way for De Palm. Plus its faster by taxi then waiting on the bus while the bus drops off people at other hotels.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 04-20-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Except we are flying in on a Sunday and out on a Sunday due to the marriage being on a Sat.......
    So the Taxi will be 28.00 each way ? To and from the airport ?
    Then do I tip on top of that ? I just want to know how to prepare for this, how much to have in my carryon purse.
    Also is this 28.00 USD ?
    Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    yes the $28 is in US dollars
    the rates are based on one way

tip is optional, but if the fee is $28, i would probably tip $5

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDH View Post
    Except we are flying in on a Sunday and out on a Sunday due to the marriage being on a Sat.......
    So the Taxi will be 28.00 each way ? To and from the airport ?
    Then do I tip on top of that ? I just want to know how to prepare for this, how much to have in my carryon purse.
    Also is this 28.00 USD ?
    Thanks

Taxidrivers are self employed and do not rely on tips.
    Cyrilo Croes aka "Serry",Taxi service and private Island Tours

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilo Croes View Post
    Taxidrivers are self employed and do not rely on tips.
    But do accept them graciously...;>). we're happy to tip for acceptional service.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    most everyone i know who uses aruban taxis do get exceptional service and do tip.

kind of like the same dilemma of going to the hair salon and having the owner "do" your hair? do you tip the owner? i do and it has always been graciously accepted.

it is nice to know though, that the taxi drivers are self employed and not at the mercy of a cheapskate employer that pay their employees minimum, so that tips are very much part of their salary.

aruba taxis are by far the best.
    ever been in a taxi in cancun? st thomas? london? paris? and "live" to tell your tale?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I highly recommend a taxi over the DePalm bus. When you walk outside of the airport just go to the left and there are taxi's lined up - very easy and quick! We always carry lots of $1 and $5 bills for tips.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast