Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transportation from airport to High Rises

transportation from airport to High Rises

Requesting info about transportation from Airport to High Rises.We have a party of 6 with one suitcase each. We do not want Depalm tours bus because it takes forever to get to the H.I which is one of the last stops.Are there any Vans that can accomodate a party of 6 along with their suitcases? Are the cabs able to carry 4 passengers and 4 suitcases? What is the cost with either od these options? Thankyou for any input you can give. T+H

One way from airport to resort??

Taxis, by law, are only able to carry a maximum of 5 people, no matter the size of the vehicle.
    You would need to use:
    De Palm Tours Transfer
    Smaller transfer company
    Rental Car

or

Two taxis

http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/getting_around.aspx
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-19-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Use Bully...he will have 2 vans pick you up at the airport. He is on this site, taxidriver OR email bullytaxi79@hotmail.com...
    YOU won't be disappointed...

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

yes, I agree with Cindy, try Bully, you won't be disappointed with his service

there are few tour operators that service small groups : Kini Kini tour /El tours /Wixtours

Transportation

Correct me if i"m wrong, i read ones on this site that De Palm charges $20.00 p.p. one way which means that e.g. 6 people would pay 6* $20.00 = $120.00 from the airport to any hotel in the highrise hotels area and then the same amount for the return trip for a total of $240.00, 2* $120.00 = $240.00.
    If these 6 people take 2 taxis they would be paying $25 for each taxi ( taxis do not charge per person) which means they pay $50.00 one way and then same amount for the return trip for a total of $100.00. The taxi is a lot cheaper, you don't have to wait for luggage boarding at the airport and a lot faster, in about 20 to 25 min you could be dropped off at your hotel.
    Cyrilo Croes aka "Serry",Taxi service and private Island Tours

Aruba since 1979
    yup makes sense to me. lots of the travel agency package deals include the r/t depalm transfers so that is why i think they are so popular. been there, done that, and think taxis are a better plan for some and for me a car rental is the better plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilo Croes View Post
    Correct me if i"m wrong, i read ones on this site that De Palm charges $20.00 p.p. one way which means that e.g. 6 people would pay 6* $20.00 = $120.00 from the airport to any hotel in the highrise hotels area and then the same amount for the return trip for a total of $240.00, 2* $120.00 = $240.00.
    If these 6 people take 2 taxis they would be paying $25 for each taxi ( taxis do not charge per person) which means they pay $50.00 one way and then same amount for the return trip for a total of $100.00. The taxi is a lot cheaper, you don't have to wait for luggage boarding at the airport and a lot faster, in about 20 to 25 min you could be dropped off at your hotel.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

http://reservations.aruba.com/servlet/aruba.QS

Airport-hotel roundtrip transfer
    Price: USD $20.40
    Departure: Daily
    Roundtrip transfer from airport to resort in deluxe airconditioned motor coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilo Croes View Post

Trasportation

I heard that actually the transfer with the de Palm is not included in the package but contrary to popular belief it is optional and if that one don't ask or mention this it will be sold to you as a part of the package. People who are return visitor's know this and that's why a lot of them don't buy the transfer tickets for the transferbus and rather take a taxi.
    Cyrilo Croes aka "Serry",Taxi service and private Island Tours

when i go to aruba we always book a promotion from one of the websites online..the tranfers is always added on but never clearly stated that they are including you just see the charge for 20.40 each person...I think the taxi is a little more but SOO WORTH it...Last year we took a taxi . got to the hotel sooner and had our room upgraded...This year I have bully booked!! Yippie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast