Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel Time on the Island

Travel Time on the Island

Now that I'm getting so much more knowledgeable regarding the island by reading this forum I figure I better start asking some questions!

We have a bunch of activities booked. I think some of them will be picking us up so I'm guessing they will know what time to get us in order to have us at the places on time but a few we have to drive to. Here I thought it's a small island it will take 15-20 minutes to get everywhere but I'm finding out that's incorrect!

We are staying at the Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach.

Some of the places we will need to drive to are:
    Barefoot Restaurant for a 6:30 pm reservation
    Hadicurari Marina (at the High Rise hotels, between Holiday Inn and Marriott) for 6am
    Matthews Beachside Restaurant for a 6:30pm reservation
    Flying Fishbones for a 6pm Reservation
    Pinchos for a 6:30pm Reservation

Would anyone be willing to comment on how much time I should allow to get to these places please?

Thanks in advance!
    Pam

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    where exactly is the boardwalk hotel?

Aruba since 1979
    my estimates in BOLD are you renting a car or taking taxis?

QUOTE=pbumbaca;231442]Now that I'm getting so much more knowledgeable regarding the island by reading this forum I figure I better start asking some questions!

We have a bunch of activities booked. I think some of them will be picking us up so I'm guessing they will know what time to get us in order to have us at the places on time but a few we have to drive to. Here I thought it's a small island it will take 15-20 minutes to get everywhere but I'm finding out that's incorrect!

We are staying at the Boardwalk Hotel in Palm Beach.

Some of the places we will need to drive to are:
    Barefoot Restaurant for a 6:30 pm reservation Leave the Boardwalk at 5:50 -6 pm to get to Barefoot by 6:30 taking traffic into consideration

Hadicurari Marina (at the High Rise hotels, between Holiday Inn and Marriott) for 6am 5 minute drive

Matthews Beachside Restaurant for a 6:30pm reservation 10 minute drive parking sometimes is tough there.

Flying Fishbones for a 6pm Reservation plan on 45 min drive

Pinchos for a 6:30pm Reservation plan on leaving 40 minutes earlier again due to traffic

Would anyone be willing to comment on how much time I should allow to get to these places please?

Thanks in advance!
    Pam [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by paulmorin View Post
    where exactly is the boardwalk hotel?
    I have no idea, it's my first time in Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by andreaj
    are you renting a car or taking taxis?
    We are renting a car

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.boardwalkaruba.com/location.htm
    click above link for their website and map location

the entrance to Boardwalk is perpendicular to the entrance to the Marriott Stellaris

They are not located on the beach and i think the place supplies beach chairs since they have "no right to use chair policies" with any of the other resorts.

It is a place where lots of windsurfers stay.

check out too, this link with some Boardwalk chatter
    Ritz Construction Noise - Boardwalk?

QUOTE=paulmorin;231443]where exactly is the boardwalk hotel?[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Yes, we had to reserve chairs and it says a 3 minute walk to the beach, that part I did not do my homework on! It looked like it was on the beach from the photos! I was more concerned with getting a place with a kitchen and a grill when I was looking the rates were great and it looked like it was a nice quiet place.

You can use the chaises at MoomBa between the Surf Club and Holiday Inn. Just get there early if you need shade.

http://www.boardwalkaruba.com/rates/rates-2012.htm "Boardwalk Hotel Aruba offers their guests free Wifi on property, daily fresh beach towels, free use of foldable beach chairs, coolbox and snorkeling gear during stay, as well as free access to beach chairs at Moomba Beach Club."
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-11-2012 at 03:03 PM.

A little info,the trafic at the airport is crazzy,they are doing major stuff at the round-about,THE TRAFIC was backed up for a while on friday.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks russell!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by russell1986 View Post
    A little info,the trafic at the airport is crazzy,they are doing major stuff at the round-about,THE TRAFIC was backed up for a while on friday.

Arrow Avenida Milio Croes reopen

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/123447-a...roes-weer-open
    "ORANGE CITY - The Avenida Milio Croes in Oranjestad is open again. Since this morning, the traffic from Aruba Entertainment Center back on the highway by driving to the intersection of Banco di Caribe, where recently a roundabout is constructed. Since the end of March was that stretch of road closed for work. The Department of Public Works (DOW) was to construct a drainage so the flooding in the area to tackle. Subsequently, the street renewed. For example, among other things, a new pavement with clinker built."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast