Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Trolley on Aruba

I visited downtown yesterday and took a few photos - hope it helps as far as a visual update.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...78848932764322

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...78819823332258

Couple of photos I took downtown when we were there in Sept.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trolley on Aruba-22.jpg   Trolley on Aruba-23.jpg  
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Aruba since 1979
    http://arubaherald.com/local/3843-do...s-station.html

check out the article re: the beginning of the construction of the station and garage.

the tram/trolley should be up and running real soon.

We arrived yesterday, and the cabdriver told us there is a lot of politics involved. He said the company building the trolley went ahead without correct governmental permissions. Now there are laws that need to be changed to accommodate the new traffic patterns and the lawmakers are balking about it. Sounds like home...
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Aruba since 1979
    "Sounds like home..." indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by CPhT Nancy View Post
    We arrived yesterday, and the cabdriver told us there is a lot of politics involved. He said the company building the trolley went ahead without correct governmental permissions. Now there are laws that need to be changed to accommodate the new traffic patterns and the lawmakers are balking about it. Sounds like home...

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Anyone have a route map for the trolly?

Trolley on Aruba

HI all,
    I think it is fair to say that the massive push to get the trolley (TRAM) (TRAIN) (Whatever) in place and ready to go was a marvelous and very concentrated effort to get it done. My hat is off to the effort.

Like with any undertaking, there are last touches to be done, that will happen. The question of - "Is it easy to get around down town now? or Do the tracks pose a problem for (as an example) baby carriages etc., for me - the answer is "No - it doesn't." If it tracks were a problem, cities such as San Francisco would come to a pedestrian halt as would Frankfurt and Buenos Aires. It is not difficult, it is just different than before. That is all and that is good.

When it is 100% finished, Aruba will once again have set a standard of what it is that a small island can and will do to save the most historic shopping district on the island and THAT is the focus. Large malls gobbled up shopping traffic and left the one street on the island, that was named after Mr. Betico Croes, to look like a ghost town. That has changed. Someone said to me - "But Charles, I know of at least 10 shoppers that had difficulties wearing high heels while walking on the streets." To that my answer was - "Ten people shopping wearing High heels huh, OK, that is what is known as a luxury problem."

There are pending issues regarding permits etc, however it will be solved and Aruba will have once again said - LOUD AND CLEAR - we are different, we care and we are here for you. The tourist is a priority that was dealt with hand in hand with our most beloved main street.

To quote a famous American - "Come on Down."

be well
    charles
    Last edited by charles; 01-01-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I do believe this Trolley system is a good thing and will benefit both tourists and business downtown. I cannot wait to take my first ride on it this year.

After watching the whole process from start to near completion I too will be taking a ride soon.

AAAAAAALLLLLLL RIGHT!!!!!

Now that is the Aruba tourist I know and love!!

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast