Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Trolley on Aruba

Excited to hear that the trolley is up and running. It seems to me that it will definitely be an attraction. On one of our first trips to Aruba we had lunch at the Rhumba Wine Bar and as we were leaving we asked about getting a taxi. The bartender asked why we wouldn't just take the bus since we were so close to the terminal. Good point. So, we took the bus, missed our stop and then enjoyed seeing the high rise area, getting off at our stop on the way back. We've taken the bus many times since. I'm looking forward to my first trolley trip.

Talking about the hotels and driving in front of them:
    The fact is that we have hidden the sight of the ocean almost completely and when driving along and looking in the direction of the sea, all you see are hotel lobbies. It inspired me to include the below words in a SNIPPET I wrote. It describes a blind man sitting in a car as he is driven in front of the high-rise hotel area:

"In front of the hotels, he smells the ocean, I see his nostrils flare. He turns to the sea, not able to see the high rise there, and tells me to look out at the beauty of nature. I remain still. He continues with his face in the direction of the sea and says to me, “Do you know how many fish are out there................"

Sometimes the visions of the blind are the loveliest.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach
    Great to hear that its finally working cant wait to see it and ride it in August....I am assuming that its Free or is there a fee?

Aruba since 1979
    good question
    there was an article in "the morning news" of the inauguration run of the first of 4 cars.
    no mention of fare.

=tavilas;238502]Great to hear that its finally working cant wait to see it and ride it in August....I am assuming that its Free or is there a fee?[/QUOTE]

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    anyone know what the trolly route will be? Is there a map?

Yes there is a map, I will try to post it. Basically it goes from the Port of Call to the end of the Main Street and back. I enjoyed the car-free Main Street Holiday events and shopping this year.

There is a YouTube video of the first trolley ride. If you go to YouTube it's called STREETCAR IN ARUBA'S MAINSTREET 2013.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWI6NBE33wc
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-04-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added link

Looks cool, but not sure of purpose, does it just go around the town with stops? Being that i usually stay in Radisson ( High rise area ) , I never really go into the town, for other reasons also.. but is that the purpose, to take you around the town ?

Aruba since 1979
    the purpose.........to move people and to revitalize the downtown.

the trolley will move people from the cruise ships or anyone else, along the rails to the main street and SHOPPING and dining, and socializing.

it will NOT be on the Blvd running parallel with the ocean

downtown revitalization..........lets that main street be a large open air pedestrian, shopping, dining and trolley area.........brings in many folks to the downtown.

from what i understand there will be 4 working trolley cars

it will be a draw to get folks from the hotels and the cruises to visit the downtown

i think it will be a great thing once it is up and running full tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    Looks cool, but not sure of purpose, does it just go around the town with stops? Being that i usually stay in Radisson ( High rise area ) , I never really go into the town, for other reasons also.. but is that the purpose, to take you around the town ?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    How exciting that first ride must have been to both ride and watch. Thanks for the great video, can't wait to ride it!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast