Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Trolley on Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Well, the trolley has been up and running for 20 months +/-

Have you ridden?
    Enjoyed?

Do you think it brings more business to the downtown area?

Do you think it is mostly cruise day trippers that ride?

Disclosure.....we have been on it once.
    It seems to have resulted in some gentrification along the main strip as you get further out... I suspect it may be working to draw cruise passengers further afield. Every time we see it in high season, it's crowded so it definitely has some appeal. The flip side: some of the locals we talked to were not thrilled about the implementation price and that the higher-end stores starting to take over are pushing out more local/traditional businesses. I would say it's definitely a tourist thing.

We've been on it once as part of filming the show and we had it to ourselves... I don't think we would have ridden it otherwise.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed, many of the local folks were/are not happy of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    It seems to have resulted in some gentrification along the main strip as you get further out... I suspect it may be working to draw cruise passengers further afield. Every time we see it in high season, it's crowded so it definitely has some appeal. The flip side: some of the locals we talked to were not thrilled about the implementation price and that the higher-end stores starting to take over are pushing out more local/traditional businesses. I would say it's definitely a tourist thing.

We've been on it once as part of filming the show and we had it to ourselves... I don't think we would have ridden it otherwise.

i have not ridden it yet. Maybe this trip if I see it.

How much does it cost? Every time we've been downtown and had a chance to ride it has not been running. I think we would ride it at least once for the BTDT factor.

Aruba since 1979
    btdt is the only reason we did

it is free (or at least it was free when we rode)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    How much does it cost? Every time we've been downtown and had a chance to ride it has not been running. I think we would ride it at least once for the BTDT factor.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I've been trying to take a ride, however, heard last year that it stops early afternoon? Explains why I've never seen it, usually go downtown early part of evenings. I would like to ride it once however, especially the top deck - plus it would provide us with a new picture.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678