Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tropic Car Rental

Tropic Car Rental

For anyone that has used Tropic......do they take you to their site for processing the paperwork for the rental or do they come to the airport and do everything there? Just wondering if after I arrive if I get the car at the airport and go. So excited about getting to Aruba on Sept 7 that I just want to start my vacation as soon as possible.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thedebster View Post
    For anyone that has used Tropic......do they take you to their site for processing the paperwork for the rental or do they come to the airport and do everything there? Just wondering if after I arrive if I get the car at the airport and go. So excited about getting to Aruba on Sept 7 that I just want to start my vacation as soon as possible.....LOL
    The owner will meet you at the terminal when you exit.He will have your name on a card,you go to the parking lot across the street and sign your paper work and your on your way.Very nice guy (HANS).We have used him many times. Have a great vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    you go to the parking lot across the street and sign your paper work and your on your way.
    By parking lot you mean the one at the Airport or one across the highway? With all the changes I forget which is in effect now.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    Hans handles the paperwork in the airport parking lot.
    Probably about 100 yards from the arrival hall.
    He also gives you the parking receipt that you insert in the machine, lifting the gate and you are on your way!

We have utilized Hans' services now for about 7 or 8 years and have always found his prices fair, his customer service top notch and his demeanor "gentlemanly".
    If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    By parking lot you mean the one at the Airport or one across the highway? With all the changes I forget which is in effect now.

Thank you all!! That is awesome. The faster I get to enjoy Aruba the better. I did use Royal last year and had not problems, but after reading all the good things about Tropic, I decided to go with them. I am so glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    The one at the airport,he has been doing this for years,quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Hans handles the paperwork in the airport parking lot.
    Probably about 100 yards from the arrival hall.
    He also gives you the parking receipt that you insert in the machine, lifting the gate and you are on your way!

We have utilized Hans' services now for about 7 or 8 years and have always found his prices fair, his customer service top notch and his demeanor "gentlemanly".
    If I was giving an award for "wonderful small business", it'd be Tropic, owner Hans Dhooge.
    Andrea ,can we give him an award ?

Smile

I have used Royal for many years and the last 2 years our plane was 1 hour late getting in and both years nobody from Royal was there. I got a taxi from the airport to Marriott and in the morning I had to call and they brought the car and gave me my taxi money back. That was great but do I need to hassle with that my first morning on vacation. 2 months ago I give Hans a shot and he was there at arival and departing. I just booked with him again for 3 weeks in Jan, Feb. I have never heard a complaint about Hans.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

does anyone know if hans (at tropic) have a web-site, how do you get in touch with him we have used royal many times(cars not in the greatest shape but work) maybe we'll use hans this time around .. counting the weeks till week 40 !!!!!

Their website is www.tropiccarrent-aruba.com

You can use the "contact us" link on the website - they are very good at responding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast